Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I would try - a different USB port.

Posted: Dec 9th, 2019 - 3:59 pm In Reply to: Foot Pedal - Please

Also check the wiring itself. Is there anything torn or rubbing against something? If so, tape it. Clean out your port on the computer with a Q-tip and some rubbing alcohol or a damp cotton ball, vacuum or blow on it and see if there's something lodged in there. Also clean out the end of the port of the foot pedal. There has to be something lodged somewhere for it to be doing that, unless it's a spring or something inside that is off balance. It's worth a try to open it up and see if something doesn't look right.

Another thing about Express Scribe, not related to your issue, but check your settings for how long your files are staying in there. My computer was running so slow and when I took to the shop, they found four years worth of voice files in a roaming folder on my PC and deleted them. Everything was fine since then. Just an unrelated thing to look out for using Express Scribe; it saves all the files unless you set the setting to only save for a month, or whatever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • Foot Pedal - Please (Views: 564, 2019-12-09, 2:14 pm)
    • Foot Pedal - Zurkla (Views: 381, 2019-12-09, 2:36 pm)
      • Foot Pedal - Please (Views: 413, 2019-12-09, 2:48 pm)
    • I would try - a different USB port.
      • Foot pedal - One More Time Now (Views: 359, 2019-12-10, 4:40 am)
        • Foot Pedal - Please (Views: 517, 2019-12-10, 10:47 am)
    • Foot Pedal - Please (Views: 374, 2019-12-14, 1:15 pm)