Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

It's the - norm. sm

Posted: Nov 17th, 2019 - 3:12 pm In Reply to: VDI companies/VDI - An MT

I have also found even not using VDI in EditScript that it will totally skip complete thoughts or sentences. I also unchecked skip but I had to go back and readjust my audio speed. I think it's a combo of both as far as skipping.

Losing sound entirely and your foot pedal not working is a VDI thing only. Most people at the company I worked with just acted like it's no big deal and just part of the job and either shut their entire system down, log out and log back in and hope the report is still there, or they switch their foot pedal to a different USB, which sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. At one point, someone said to keep stomping on your foot pedal and it would fix it, which I thought to be not a very good idea since foot pedals can be sensitive to that sort of wear and tear. The end result was usually to put a ticket in to have someone from India fiddle around in your PC and basically tell you that it's your PC and nothing they can do about it and/or blame your internet connection.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)