Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

If someone wants to stay in - MT

Posted: Oct 20th, 2019 - 8:55 am In Reply to: I did receive UE - sm

and they can find other work, best of luck to them. That was not my situation. I love MT, but I was averaging over 1000 a week in my high quarter when I filed (my low quarter was significantly lower due to low work vokumes). I was making almost 6 per line editing, there are no positions paying anywhere near those rates anymore. Plus I needed employer status for benefits.

No, it is just not sitting around collecting a check. There are the job searches and resume classes. And yes, working as IC complicates things. But fairly quickly I got a part time position at local hospital, still collecting UE (can make 30% of weekly benefit working and still keep 100% UE). Plus I have made valuable connections at work.

As it turned out, my company had a TAA petition, and I am taking advantage of that. Currently i am still working part time at hospital, going to school full time (fully paid at over 30K), and still receiving full UE. A year from now I will have a new in demand career and a job waiting for me at my current employer.

I have never filed for UE before in my 35+ years of working, have never been without a job, have never received any type of govt support. In fact usually worked 2 jobs, a full time and part time on the side, so by no means was I looking for a free ride. I figure I have paid enough taxes in my lifetime, I will take the help when I need it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)