Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I did receive UE - sm

Posted: Oct 20th, 2019 - 8:02 am In Reply to: FILE FOR UNEMPLOYMENT if you work - for TTS and not getting

working an employee position. However, since I was also working as an IC on the side for another company, I wound up owing money back to unemployment. So, be careful, with that aspect of it. You must report all income from any entity because that is how they determine how much you get.

Also, it's really not just sit back and collect a check. In other words, you have to be actively looking for another job and applying and you report that to UE every week. You must be applying no matter what kind of job it is. I received 2 UE checks and they were only a few hundred dollars because you only get a percentage.

Also, because we work production, my case had to go through the higher ups first, so I had a waiting period to receive. I also had to explain more about my situation before they agreed to accept my UE application.

By the time it was said and done, I owed them 60 dollars back and I think I received like 400 dollars.

When it is all said and done, it is kind of easy to get another transcription job very quickly since there are loads of companies hiring.

The positive to UE is they do require you do a workshop to spruce up your resume and then they also have jobs available that you can apply for that may not be working from home, but at least you have some access to other jobs.

I had to physically go to the UE office, fill out paperwork with all the information, sit in front of someone and reiterate that information, then go back and do the workshop.

I just wanted to put that out there. It may be different from state-to-state, but in my state there are a lot of jobs that I would qualify for and they were not stating anything like it had to be the same pay or even the same job description.

Pros and cons to everything. If you want to stay in MT, the best thing to do is just apply for other positions and hope for the best because unemployment checks do not just start flowing in the day you apply or even that week you apply. It just depends.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)