Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

You can be snide all you want but you are hearing - from MTs that are using the VDI- sm

Posted: Sep 21st, 2019 - 12:06 am In Reply to: I strongly suggest you not worry about what I do. I am - capable of making my own decisions thank you. nm

It is not a good investment. You will put a lot of money and time into it. They are constantly working on supposed fixes for problems with the VDI and they blame it on you and/or your computer and do not take ownership of their own requirements. Your foot pedal stops working, you lose long reports, you wait for hours for any kind of fix since it is India you are dealing with to fix things and they have to get into your computer to do it.

You should honestly consider more than just the purchase. It is valuable time wasted waiting on techs from India to get back to you.

But, hey, like you said, you're able to make your own decisions. If you are the original poster of this thread, I would have to question if you really know what you're getting yourself into because you're already looking for someone else to pick out a computer for you and provide it.

There is more to it than just the computer itself working on VDI. The US companies do not back you at all. They throw you to the wolves and you're out of luck until India gets around to fixing your issues. Be prepared as obviously you have not worked on VDI yet, so what would you know about these issues other than what you see on this board.

The biggest problems (yes, there are money) are: sign on issues with the desktop player, no connection, servers not available, foot pedal stops working in the middle of a report, screen freezes, asks you to reset your password, and, of course, last but certainly not least, a lag.

GOOD LUCK!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)