Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 45)

KS - DO NOT DO A WORK STOPPAGE FOR LATE PAY - Why I stay

Posted: Aug 19th, 2019 - 4:50 pm

Instead of having a good late paycheck, I barely made enough to get out of the overdrawn hole I'm in because I was dimwitted enough to follow the suggestion to "strike".  

DO NOT DO A WORK STOPPAGE.  IT'S STUPID AND IT DOESN'T HURT HER (HELL SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO PAY AS MUCH SO IT'S TO HER ADVANTAGE). I could see doing a work stoppage if we NEVER got paid or if she went months without paying us, but that's not the case here.  We DO eventually get paid. 

I can see not doing OT, but then again, that's just a bigger and better than usual regular paycheck (albeit it's late).  Someone else is doing it, cause my accounts were caught up this weekend, so someone is doing it, so why not take advantage of that much extra.  

I don't have a second income to fall back on.  I have a disabled adult and young children to take care of, so working outside the home is not ideal for me (like many others) not to mention the piece of poop, 17-year-old, jalopy I own (no payments) but it's falling apart and the brakes are bad, but I CAN'T AFFORD TO FIX IT, so I can't go OUT to work. 

So yeh, go ahead and dislike my reason for staying and waiting it out.  Go ahead and dislike the fact that I said work stoppage is stupid.  If at the end of September things are not any better then yup, I'm outta here (I've been looking), but until then A LATE PAYCHECK IS BETTER THAN NO PAYCHECK and it's better than pennies for work stoppage or MTSOs who don't pay what you're worth!  

Sorry!  Coming off the soap box! :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)