Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I tried it, didn't work out for me - tired MT

Posted: Jul 22nd, 2019 - 5:57 pm In Reply to: Converter sit-to-stand desk - Curious

I bought a desk/table years ago that had an electric motor with a switch to raise & lower. I, too, wanted to be able to stand for part of the day. But the problem for me was having to stand on one foot while working the pedal with the other. If you use hot keys (like another poster on this thread) you could probably use it, but if not I wouldn't recommend. I even tried standing on a pillow but it just didn't work for me.
I did end up investing in a great office chair so my butt never hurts at all. It's a Herman Miller with the mesh seat. They are very expensive but I found one at a used office furniture store in my area for a great price. I've had it now for years and it's still very comfortable (and the chair was 10 years old when I bought it but still looked new).
Good luck! Let us know what you end up doing and how it's working for you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)