Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I have an Arise Deskalator - see msg

Posted: Jul 22nd, 2019 - 7:20 am In Reply to: Converter sit-to-stand desk - Curious

and I love it. I have restless legs syndrome which flares up when I'm tired and it helps enormously for me to be able to stand and move my legs a little but keep on working (I also use the Ergodriven Topo standing mat which helps as well).

It sits on my normal desk as I didn't want to have to buy a whole new piece of furniture. I have the medium size and two monitors on an arm which frees up the desk space underneath them and means it also doubles as a monitor riser when I'm sitting. There's plenty of room on the keyboard tray for my split keyboard and mouse mat.

It has gas springs as it's solidly built and quite heavy with the monitors and all my desk crap on it but it's extremely easy to raise and lower. Without the gas springs it would be almost impossible. I'm 168 cm/5'6 and there's still room for it to go higher if you're taller.

I use hot keys rather than a foot pedal so I can't comment on how that would work out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)