Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 30)

My 2 cents - Jean

Posted: Jun 12th, 2019 - 9:56 am In Reply to: New MT position - Squirl

I've been working at a hospital for 19 years. When I interviewed and tested, I was asked by the tester whether I wanted to use "the spellchecker." What?? I thought that was a stunning question. Say yes of course. Believe it or not, no one there cares about the BOS as far as I know. But I used it for my CHDS certification so I mostly follow it, and all is well. I just adjust to fit the preferences of my employer. They can't expect you to follow all their styles. Just tell them you've used the BOS and are on board with using the latest edition. If there's a test, they want to know if you recognize the terms you hear, that's mostly it. Just do your best on that and you should be fine. For the interview, have something ready to say for the question about your weaknesses. For instance, "I'm brushing up on current drug names right now" or "...all the time" etc. Turn your knowledge gap(s) into a chance to say you're a learner. I'd recommend looking at the online courses and seminars AHDI offers, pick one you'd benefit from, sign up, and tell the interviewer you're taking a class in _____ whatever. Yes of course someone here will trash-talk AHDI, but I've done this and it worked for me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)