Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Figures - luvtotype

Posted: May 10th, 2019 - 7:21 am In Reply to: Audio rate pay for general transcribing, I know it has been - discussed here before SM

Yes, anything below $1.00/audio min. is too low in this industry. There are companies out there that will pay at least that rate, if not more, but you have to spend time researching and testing with them. If you see on a company's website that they're charging their clients $0.75/audio min. or less than that, then you know you won't get paid much to transcribe those files.

I have two clients that I do general transcription for both. One pays me $1.10 per audio min., and my second client pays $0.11/line. Factoring in my typing speed (+95 wpm), using Shorthand as my productivity software, and even with researching names, terms, etc., I average anywhere between $18-$22/hour, and I'm perfectly happy with those rates.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)