Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

When I am cruising along... - bw

Posted: May 10th, 2019 - 5:13 am In Reply to: Audio rate pay for general transcribing, I know it has been - discussed here before SM

I love keeping track and monitoring production and performance, and every couple of weeks or so, I'll add up the total length of the recordings I transcribed in an hour.

I consider myself a very fast transcriptionist. I typically average about 30 minutes of medical dictation per hour. 40 minutes if I'm really flying with easy work, and 20 minutes if I'm running into problems.

Now, keep in mind that is medical transcription with one speaker. Lots of repeated terminology that a text expander helps out on.

By my estimate, $20 per audio hour translates to $10 per hour in real work... much less if you are transcribing meetings or something that does not lend itself well to speed typing with a text expander.

My advice: Make them what you feel is a fair offer, take the job, and see how it works out. If you find you are getting paid jack s**t when you sit down and get to work, tell them so. Tell them you want to renegotiate, or tell them you just can't go on working. It's not like you can't just walk away if it doesn't work out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)