Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

There can be penalties - Laryn

Posted: Apr 28th, 2019 - 12:47 pm In Reply to: That's crazy - I know the job market is tight but find another job...sm - Just me

Missed pay? Say it isn't so! Not paid on April 25th either, I bet. I slaved for Keystrokes in the past. I remember the days before I left about (7 years ago) of missing paychecks, promises of big accounts coming on board, and beng told repeatedly "don't worry; if you run out of work, we will give you a backup account." I hear the next big set of accounts is coming to Keystrokes on July 1st. Yeah, sure it is. And pigs fly! This has been an ongoing lie for a decade or more. Big accounts come on, that is true, but they are likely just coming on board to get old dictation cleaned up before Epic or another major EMR is instituted, and then all transcription is gone forever. Can you say "Broward"? There was an account back in 2010 that was over a million lines a year when KS signed it - then they flipped the switch at the hospital, turned on Epic, and LITERALLY within 2 days, everything was gone. Continue waiting for that big account; I'm sure one of the Production Coordinators will get you on it right away, if you run out of work on your current account. One thing can be said for that good, Christian woman -- She is a sack of ... let's say "Sparks".

In the meantime, my accountant told me that there are fees in Illinois (I believe she said $25 per person per occurrence) that employers may incur if direct deposits are 1) not made on time; 2) not made by direct deposit but rather by check; 3) not made at all; 4)outside the allotted time after they were worked/billed. I refer you to these sites: https://employment.findlaw.com/wages-and-benefits/payday-laws-overview.html
What to Do if Your Paycheck is Late
Each state has its own procedure for what to do in the case of a missed or late paycheck. But in general, you may do the following if you're not paid on time or on a regular basis:
1. Contact your employer (preferably in writing) and ask for the wages owed to you.
2. If your employer refuses to do so, consider filing a claim with your state's labor agency.
3. File a suit in small claims court or superior court for the amount owed.
4. For larger cases involving a late paycheck or payday laws in general, consider hiring a labor attorney to help you.
Get Legal Help to Protect Your Right to a Timely Paycheck
Employers don't have the luxury to pay their workers whenever or however they please -- they're bound by certain federal and state laws. If your paycheck is late, it could affect your ability to pay bills and could cause a chain reaction of unfortunate events. Protect your rights by consulting with an experienced wage and hour attorney near you.
https://work.chron.com/can-employer-late-paying-me-1486.html

I hear CSS is making suggestions for what career to choose, as transcription is falling by the wayside. Certain CSS employees have been told to say "coding" or "billing." That's also a sack of "Sparks." Coding and billing are going to V/R and charge passing, respectively. Do not waste your money to get certified in one of these fields, only to be out of a job again in 3-5 years. Get into imaging (CT, MRI, ultrasound, mammogram, etc) or nutrition - I promise you these fields are your key to an employable future.

And one last note about the owner and CEO of this company. Isn't it interesting that the owner herself does more public speaking through The Speaker Collaborative than she does actually running her company and ensuring that he employees are paid? Makes me think she's planning ahead, perhaps creating a place to hide her money when Keystrokes finally goes under. In any event, downsizing the main office is the first step towards admitting they are being downsized by technology.

Run, dear reader, run. This place is shady a/f.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)