Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Yes, keyboard commands - Scribe

Posted: Apr 11th, 2019 - 7:07 am In Reply to: So it's start/stop commands with your keyboard? - confused

There are keyboard commands to start and stop the recording, as well as FF and Rewind. Ctrl+P would be Play and Pause, for example. And yes, it is straight typing, but you do not type directly into the EMR. You type into the "user interface" (which is web based) and then copy and paste it into the EMR once complete.

Working without the foot pedal was really hard for me! Thankfully, you're not rushed to get "up to speed" so you can take your time to adjust and re-learn how to get going. I continued to stomp my foot pedal (ha) for what seemed like forever before it finally clicked and became natural to use the keyboard commands, at which time I finally unplugged the ole'girl and put her away. The second hardest thing for me to adjust to was using only one space at the end of a sentence!

So, the process is: you listen to the patient/provider encounter and include all of the pertinent information into a grammatically correct medical document. You then copy and paste that document into the EMR and move on to the next recording. The provider then reviews and signs off on the chart at their leisure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)