Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Current employee - Scribe

Posted: Apr 10th, 2019 - 1:24 pm In Reply to: iScribes - Gertrude

I am a current employee, coming upon one year, and I absolutely love it! It is quite an adjustment from transcription, where we are taught to type what we hear. For the most part, you are translating common conversations into medical jargon. I love having ONE provider to concentrate on and I am able to interact with my provider's team for questions, problems, or issues. The biggest adjustment was not using a foot pedal! I have seen where some scribes refuse to let go of the pedal and there is a way to use one for this, but I was determined to work without one; now I am glad that I did! One less thing to be tied to, which means my setup is more portable (if I wanted, I could work while reclined in the recliner or outside in a lounge chair and don't have to worry about how to get to a foot pedal! Love it!) There are a few other quirks and adjustments here and there but overall I love my job, possibly for the first time ever!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)