Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

LEFT MT work - WC

Posted: Apr 6th, 2019 - 11:28 pm

Hey, many of you might recognize my WC, that is what I went by when I worked for IMEDX.  Well I quit MT work and IMEDX so here is my real name: JANNIE, :).  I quit 2 years ago and have been so happly.  I was making 600 a month, no insurance, no didly squat and super stressed. I was on unemployment and working for the man.  I was 60 years old and did not see a way out and that is cause I was so beat down by these loser who only want to use you and get what they can.   Let me tell you, when I came into MT work back in the 80s, it was well respected, most companies were owned by women.  We got paid well and most companies were understanding if you had to go pick your kid up from school, and you got overtime, etc., but and you can say this is sexest cause it is, when men became owners of the majority of these companies, it got cut throat and now we are down to horrible pay, and no benefits.  On lady's post said she was made to feel bad cause she was an MT and the young scribes are doing same thing but can't spell.  This is what I say, STOP feeling bad becauase of their ignorance.  There are tons of doctors out there that appreciate us and always have, there will always be goofy people.  Our time is over, and the scribe's will be soon too.  Technology is increasingly fading this job out.  SO BE GLAD you know this in advance, cause if we could have seen our futures earlier, we would have left a long time ago.  Find another career that gives you less stress. I know there are many reasons we stay home, I had kids, and I had health issues after the kids grew up; seizure, head concussion, cancer, RA, but NOW days there are many jobs you can get and work from home.  Right now statistics show that almost 40 percent of the work force is moving to the home and with millenials, its getting better.  They are not into the hard driving work till you die stress stuff, they are more creative with work and that is one good thing about them.  So get creative.  You can do switchboard from home, you can do home health aides, you can do a lot of jobs and make better than the low pay you have now. It was hard for me emotionally to let go of this dying job from a time of good outstanding service that we were proud of, but unfortunately the future is here and we have to go forward.  This is what I did, I substituted in the school system here in Oregon and worked MT work until I got a hired full time temporary position. I did part time MT work at night and worked at school in the morning for 2 months until I had a big paycheck from the school, then I quit MT work and I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I left.  BTW, I worked MT work for over 25 years.  I did not get hired back full time the next year because of cuts in the budget (I work special educatioin) but I can still sub full time. I get no benefits exceptm sick leave but the union is negotiating for all benefits. I am in Oregon, in Washington where my daughter works, she gets full.  Anyway, still I make good money and went on Healthnet and got low insurance premiums. I turned 62 in October and took Social security early and with that and school money, and paying off debts as much as possible, living within a reasonable budget, I get by just fine. 

Downsize and don't say "I can't," Find a way to make it work for you. There is always a solution, but you have to be willing to let go, have some faith, and move forward.  I have so very little stress in my life now and I wonder why I held out so long with these companies.  LEAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVe.  I look forward to the day when I come on here and there are no posts.  Then we will see what the companies do.  Greedy people always get it in the end. 

JP

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)