Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Your post really resonated with me - sm

Posted: Apr 7th, 2019 - 5:45 pm In Reply to: LEFT MT work - WC

I was an MT the same length of time as you and have had the same experience in being treated badly and making less and less money for all my years of experience... It works on your self-esteem what these MT companies do to you and it's almost like you can't bring yourself to quit.

Well I got sick at the end of last year and lost my contract work and vowed to never go back. But I have a friend who suggested medical coding to me. She had once told me she went to school for 2 years to be a coder, so I wasn't originally interested when she first suggested it, but apparently you don't have to get a AA or BA to code, you just need to take a course supported by one of the 2 credentialing bodies in that field and then pass one of their credential certification exams.

I have a remote job with a $50K salary waiting for me when I finish and get my credential, and because the medical terminology and anatomy in the course are 95 hours I will likely be able to shave off about a month of the average 4-month online study program. I'm jazzed! Best part is that the AVERAGE age of a coder is 54, so it is not a job I will likely get aged out of.

If you get more credentials, and do inpatient coding, your yearly salary goes up quite a bit. All with benefits of employment like medical and paid time off and tuition reimbursement from some companies. Right now it's an in-demand field, so I'm just recommending it as an option to MT.

If you want to know where I'm taking the course and how much it costs, etc., send me an email. They do allow students who refer others a referral fee, so if you decide to take the course it would be much appreciated if you would go through my referral, but I'm telling you all this because for those of us who really need to make more money this could be an option for you.

Good luck to everybody. I'm thrilled to find the way out of MT for me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)