Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 58)

Sounds like you have an Acer laptop... - Still condescending? sm

Posted: Jan 4th, 2019 - 2:18 pm In Reply to: InsydeH20 Setup Utility was open on my computer and I did not do this, was Nuance on my computer or - See msg.

The Insyde H20 setup sounds like normal operation to me. Run a search for "Insyde H20 setup utility." The fixes for it showing up are to reset the BIOS. You probably don't want to do that, since a BIOS change may be necessary for the VDI to work on your PC.

Basically, this sounds like a program Acer uses to help you undo unwanted changes to your system. Since you just had VDI installed it's probably detecting those changes and that's why it's popping up.

It is very possible for the manufacturer or Microsoft to pop-up a program on boot when there's a change to the system. Microsoft does, or used to do, that if you make changes to the system through the msconfig tool. In addition, a quick search shows lots of non-MTs having this issue with Insyde H20 on Acer laptops.

There's more info at the link below.

It's not something Nuance should have installed. I would look into ways to make it stop WITHOUT changing any settings. It may be the sort of thing where you can accept changes in the H20 utility and then it will stop showing up when you start your computer.

LINK/URL: Sounds like you have an Acer laptop...

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)