Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

IC status is definitely abused by MTSOs - nodoubt

Posted: Nov 30th, 2018 - 4:46 pm In Reply to: Benefits - Mary

The difference is, though, you can take off whenever you want, any holiday, and they really can't say anything.

My MTSOs have never attempted to tell me I couldn't take off when I needed or wanted, whereas Nuance was horrible about it always.

Also, as an IC, even though I've committed to working during certain hours, I don't have to log in at that exact time, nor do I have to stay until the last second.

As long as I do the number of lines required by my MTSO during that committed timeframe, which is a fairly light amount of lines, I don't have any problems. I do those lines and can be done if I want.

I feel like employee status was so much more abusive in the MT world. I'd NEVER go back to working as an employee. The benefits were horrible and not worth the abuse.

They forced you to work most holidays.

They can't force me to work any certain number of hours or holidays ever anymore.

The only benefit we have as ICs is our freedom.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)