Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Noladat - Cheryl

Posted: Oct 26th, 2018 - 10:05 am In Reply to: Since you're IC status....sm - Current employee

I too will give Noladat a thumbs up.

Regarding VDI, I would definitely recommend if at all possible using a dedicated computer for the VDI.

I'm convinced that Nuance isn't some sinister company who wants to look at everything in your computer, but when they set up your computer, they change many settings, etc. I think many people who complain that Nuance "destroyed" their computer are just reacting to the setting changes that they use to make their system work.

I bought a refurbished computer that met all the specs for $130 from Office Depot. You can put a switch on your existing computer and your VDI computer where you can easily toggle between the two, sharing your USB keyboard, mouse, and monitor.

I like the HP Slim Desktop computers because you can fit two computers side-by-side without taking up much room.

Again, I recommend the separate computer for the VDI just for convenience's sake. I'm not ready to nominate Nuance for Employer of the Year, but I'm also not ready accuse them of being arch villains either.

One thing I like about the Noladat people is they do not seem to be reading off of a script. They seem genuine and organic.

One I asked the supervisor during the interview if these were Nuance accounts, she answered yes, but she quickly added that they were trying very hard to add to their non-Nuance accounts. I see that as a very cogent business plan. Take the business out there (the Nuance business), all the while beefing up the non-Nuance business. Time will tell, but this may be a company that may be going places.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)