Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Hiding the icon - SM

Posted: Sep 13th, 2018 - 5:00 pm In Reply to: That's for a program called Remote Utilities. - SM

By the way, this is the first time I have responded back about this. I posted no link. I suggested someone interested look at that video.

Now to explain... The point of hiding the icon is so that the IT people as you call them can remotely connect to YOUR computer without your knowledge. It would be pointless for a user to hide their own icon. The purpose it serves for the IT person is it allows them to spy on YOU without your knowledge.

They can also access your computer. They can do more than look. They can actively change settings and download things on your C drive.

You don't think that is sinister? The issue is privacy and trust. Do you trust the IT people enough to accept this and ignore it? That's ok. You don't have to believe me. Stealth remote connection is real and has been since at least 2012. If you have ever allowed remote access to your computer, there is a possibility that you are currently being monitored without your knowledge.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)