Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I'm not just starting out or getting back into it. - Els

Posted: Aug 15th, 2018 - 11:44 am In Reply to: What cpl rate to ask for as an IC. - Els

I didn't state this in my original post, but I have been doing medical transcription steadily for 11-1/2 years, first with a company for 5 years, which was bought out by MModal. I always said I wouldn't work for them and then I found out in an email on New Year's Day 6-1/2 years ago that I was working for them. I actually gave it a try for a couple weeks and quickly realized it was as bad as it was rumored to be. I quit and tried out a couple more companies, but then landed a job working directly for a small hospital. I have been there for almost 6-1/2 years and had plenty of work, but the work has been steadily dwindling due to a number of circumstances. I currently only have one doctor, the general surgeon, who is still dictating and that is only a few reports a week. I've been supplementing that by typing transcripts of college lessons, but that is ending in a couple weeks. They are redoing the videos of their lessons and the company doing the videos provides a transcript, so I will be out of that job. Anyway, thanks for all your advice. So far it seems like it could be a great situation and I am starting negotiations with him. I'm just looking for a decent income for maybe another 8-10 years till I can be set to retire. Again, thank you all. I'll let you know if it works out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)