Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Here come the Andrews crew lol .. (Views: 41)

IC rate - Cheryl

Posted: Aug 15th, 2018 - 12:30 am In Reply to: What cpl rate to ask for as an IC. - Els

I would charge the psychologist 20 cpl as an IC. Remember, you are for all intents and purposes the MTSO, which charges more than they pay the MT. Also, you are providing a premium service to the psychologist, individualized service that an MTSO doesn't provide. Let the psychologist know that he can text you when he needs help, etc. I do work for a pathologist who doesn't like the service at his hospital, and I charge about 6 times what the service gets. He's very nice but can be demanding. For example, he may let all of his dictation back up for a week and will ask that I get it done in 24 hours. I've been preaching this kind of set up for years -- for MTs to work directly for providers. Again, I respect the work that the MTSOs do, but a B2B (business-to-business) relationship provides for premium service for the clinician and the best pay possible for the MT. After the relationship matures a little, docs will often ask you to do other things like coding, etc. Everybody wins. Good luck with this! Everybody talks about managed care. Over half of the clinicians in the United States are still in private practice. There is a lot of work out there for entrepreneurial types.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)