Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Yippee - Cheryl

Posted: Aug 13th, 2018 - 5:42 am In Reply to: question for MT business owners... - stormy

Congratulations! I hope we see more of this sort of thing. I wouldn't offer any sick leave or vacation days but rather would offer the highest line rate possible, the reason being is that it ends up working out pretty much the same, and there is less paperwork. I have mixed feelings about insurance. As a new, small group, you will probably be charged high premiums. This sometimes backfires on the employer. The employer tries really hard to find a good product, and the employees react by saying things like, "This insurance is a ripoff. I can't afford it. That's half my paycheck!" Stuff like that. I think you're better off to start out with the best line rate you can afford and then add the other benefits later as your budget allows if you want to. Main advice: MTs have gotten used to being jerked around. If you are transparent and rigorously honest about what you are offering, most MTs will be loyal and appreciate you as an employer. Make sure that your budget is sound. MTs get very cranky if an employer lowers salaries or cuts benefits.

Again, congratulations! Your soon-to-be employees are happy to have you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)