Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

That is not jealousy - sm

Posted: Jun 13th, 2018 - 4:11 pm In Reply to: College graduate..... - none

I think it's a reasonable reaction to a post that is written offensively with the strange implication that because she is more highly educated than the rest of us, she can get away with breaking rules and unprofessional behavior that the rest of us, as poorly uneducated as we are, cannot.

And just for the record, I have a 4-year degree and I am on PM.

In fact, in my 18 years at MModal, I have been on PM half a dozen times and even been escalated, but have always managed to turn my situation around eventually. I kept my job because I turned things around, not because I had a degree.

Unless she is applying for a management position, her degree is not relevant to the job of MT because it's not required. What's required is that she do her job well and meet the standards they have in place. Same for all of us, degree or no degree.

So you're not hearing jealousy, you're hearing people responding to a kind of smug sounding claim that is hard to believe could possibly have any basis to it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)