Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

That is excellent advice! - OP

Posted: May 7th, 2018 - 9:17 pm In Reply to: a couple ideas - MegaMT

That's actually the only logical thing I could think of myself - just let them bring it up. What would it be worth to them? I know it's an ESL doctor and that has to be factored in. I'm doing some IC work right now and holding out 30% taxes, so you can imagine it's eating me alive. That definitely has to be considered.

Some of it may be in office and while I'd like the opportunity to work outside the home some, with young children and elderly grandparents who depend on me, I'm not sure they would even be able to pay me enough to make it worth my while. Gas, daycare expenses, and whatnot have to be factored in as well.

I'm also kind of on the fence about how the payment should be calculated, as in, per minute, per line, per page, etc. I kinda like the per minute idea. That's how I'm being paid right now and I find I like that better than per line because if the doc is going to sit there and eat chips and I have to listen, well, I should at least get a little something, lol!

I think these large MTSOs just browbeat MTs so much that sometimes we literally don't know our own worth. I feel like since my skills aren't worth anything to them, does that mean they worth anything to anyone at all? I kind of didn't really even expect to be called back in the first place, and now it's like a deer in the headlights feeling.

I guess I'll just have to go with the flow and I'll know what feels right when I get to that point. Thank you so much for your advice!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)