Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Okay, right, then why are we not being - laid off? Our work is gone

Posted: Apr 14th, 2018 - 11:29 am In Reply to: They are not hiding this fact. OMs are open and - announce when a vendor is taking over

If not on the sly, they are certainly NOT explaining it properly to their employees as you would think most companies would do.

And why aren't they laying us off, any ideas on that? Can't say for sure, but I'm betting something to do with $ again and hoping we don't realize we're eligible for UE?

Don't you think we deserve an explanation as to why our hours have dropped by over half and yes if they are "going to contractors" what will they do about us?

They have an obligation as an employer to end our employment properly, not suggest we go over to these fly by night companies and change from employee status to IC. This is NOT like what happened before, when you got "sold" (down the river) to Nuance by a smaller MTSO. At least we were still employees then, albeit with much lower pay and worse working conditions. This is an active encouragement to end our own employee status! And not for a better deal at all.

I disagree that it's not on the sly, maybe they have been contracting, but not everything, now it's pretty much everything and there are hardly any hours left for the remaining employees.

Don't you think we deserve to be laid off or do you think it's just fine we are being encouraged to go over to contractors as ICs and make less with no benefits? Well, it's not right in my book.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)