Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

I have been on one of those performance plans - for the last four weeks

Posted: Jan 13th, 2018 - 8:43 pm In Reply to: Get out and file for UE while you still make decent money. - If it is decent.

because of MUP and I should hear next week whether I get fired. I live in a high minimum wage state and I will not "improve," either.

If they didn't pay so poorly, MUP would not be an issue. When they were paying relatively better in, say, 2000 to 2007, I never heard of anyone being fired because they didn't "produce enough" to equal their state's minimum wage. There also weren't as many states passing and then paying higher minimum wages at that time, either. I do have it in writing that I must "produce enough" to equal whatever minimum wage they are supposed to be paying for my state. But in reading through my state's stuff on unemployment, it appears that treating someone that way over MUP may be illegal. They are supposed to pay minimum wage no matter what and not question somebody's being "worth" it. If they don't like that person's performance, then they should fire them for other reasons, not MUP. If you are making the 200 lines per hour and all of the rest of their (unreasonable) criteria, then, really, they would have no reason to fire you on performance issues and if they do, then you would be able to collect unemployment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)