Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Dr. Eats Alot - a short vent - SleepyMT

Posted: Jan 8th, 2018 - 10:00 pm

I always know when I see his name what I'm in for.  He has a full course meal during the dictation.  His favorite? Chips.  He's gotta hav them!  He opens that bag as noisy as he can right in my ear.  For some reason, it takes awhile...sometimes 3-5 minutes...dictating the whole time, of course, with food in his mouth.  But then...the chip bag is open and WOOHOO! It's chips and slobber time with plenty of crinkly bag noise as he digs his grubby paw into the greasy bag! Good times!

As the amazingly dedicated doc he is, he NEVER forgets to constantly dictate throughout, barely stopping for breath.  Of course, this leads to the inevitable...a choking/coughing fit where sometimes sounds like he throws up.  This is often over many minutes.  All the while, he is trying to dictate.  Then, he will actually pause, drinking copious amounts of fluids, gasping...and proceeds dictation slightly clearer and does not eat for the remainder of the dictation.  Unfortunately, by then, he's only a minute or two away from ending the report.

And the absolute best part of all this?

I send his report back with a ton of blanks because between me and QA, we can barely figure out what he's saying most of the time.  And what happens? I get a tongue lashing, sometimes performance managed, feedback from the hospital and told to spend more time, listen harder, etc. because this hospital is "special."

And the wheel goes round again....

Thank you for letting me vent.  Sometimes, I just have to take a break from this doc, breathe and hear other sounds before I am bombarded with sounds from his smacking maw once again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)