Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

micromanaging - and the culture of secrets

Posted: Dec 28th, 2017 - 6:40 pm In Reply to: Not talking just nasty talking ILLEGAL - MT

I'm not so much bothered by the micromanaging as I am the secretiveness behind the reasons for it (of course, this aspect is only part of the general culture of secretiveness that is everywhere, not just the several places I work). When I am making exceptional lph and take a few minutes' break, or am a few minutes late, or take a short break while STILL exceeding average lph, and yet keep getting the stuck-to-the-ceiling phone calls and emails about honoring my commitment and terror about going out of TAT...and yet at the same time the jobs I'm getting have a long turnaround time...it makes me wonder if it's overflow and the work is only coming in as fast as we crank it out. Who knows? No one ever explains anything. If that was the case and they told me it would in fact be motivating. In other words, if I work steadily like a snail no one complains. But if I go like crazy and take a break, even if my shift total is way higher than the snail pace, that's a problem. Maybe because they monitor more for downtime than actual productivity? I don't get it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)