Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

The context of cheapness in compensation is what matters. - Scrooges ought not wish employees...

Posted: Dec 26th, 2017 - 2:36 am In Reply to: Got my warm and fuzzy Christmas card yesterday. - Advice to MTSOs...

"Merry Christmas" at all, because it isn't sincere to wish people a happy holiday when you've done everything you can to see to it that their holiday will be much more bleak than it would have been if you had been decent enough to pay them properly.

Instead, every time a client ground YOU down on your PRICE, you didn't resist. You didn't say, "No, I can't pay my people properly at that rate." No, you went along with it. And then the next company did the same thing, but at a slightly lower rate.

...and a slightly lower rate.

...and a slightly lower rate.

...and it was YOUR PEOPLE who got the stuffing squished out of their paychecks.

All because most of our companies are run by utterly inept business people, who have no idea how to compete on any basis OTHER than price. All they know is "the race to the bottom."

Which makes them like whores standing on opposite sides of the road, yelling "I'll do it for $20!"..."No, I'll do it for $15!"..."I'll do it for $12 and throw in my sister!"...

It's not what management does at Christmas that tells employees what they really "wish" for them or how they are valued...it's what management does the rest of the year that sends the real "Christmas message."

So, the "Grinch" here isn't the OP any more than a dog barking at a burglar is the burglar. The OP didn't steal anyone's Christmas, but I certainly know who did...and so do you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)