Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I quit after the situation of...SM - Old Anon

Posted: Dec 16th, 2017 - 6:48 am In Reply to: Your opinion and actions. - MTfor years

out of control account specifics caused so much stress, I feared logging into work every day. I was getting physical symptoms of stress plus not sleeping well at night which didn't do any good. My primary account was just fine and had the normal amount of account specifics BUT they expected me to take on a secondary that had different account specifics for each work type and then within each work type's specifics there were MORE specifics for different dictators and/or situations. The problem was I very rarely ran out of work on my primary, so never got to go to the secondary UNTIL they decided to send us to our secondary on a whim whenever they felt like it even though we had plenty of work on our primary. The few times that happened, my decent line average plummeted, and I constantly had to message for help about different issues I'd encounter. As I was part time, I expressed to management that it did not make sense for me to have a secondary when I rarely, if ever, ran out of work. This fell on deaf ears, so I gave them a generous notice of 3 weeks. Now 4 weeks out, I physically feel terrific, exercising, eating and sleeping well. I'm happy and taking my time trying to find an out of the house job for 10-15 hours a week that has nothing to do with MT. Money is tight because I'm on SS and a pension, but I don't care because I feel well again. In my 40-plus years of MT, this kind of thing had never happened to me with out-of-control account specifics. It's become an epidemic because when the MTSOs acquire a client, the client gets out of control and when they tell the MTSO to jump, the MTSO says "how high." In my opinion this is driving good MTs away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)