Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 48)

This was the context: "My attempts at using B6 (at 50 mg a day) led to neuropathy in my feet... - SoftFlex fan too

Posted: Nov 18th, 2017 - 11:58 am In Reply to: Context - NotAMindreader

"Vitamin B6, or pyridoxine, is unique in that either a deficiency or an excess can cause a neuropathy. Pyridoxine is readily available in the diet and dietary deficiency of B6 is rare. Humans are not able to synthesize B6, so dietary intake is essential. After absorption, pyridoxine is converted into pyridoxal phosphate which is an important co-factor in numerous metabolic reactions. The RDA for pyridoxine is 1.3 mg daily with the upper limit of 100mg daily[2]. Doses of 50mg to 100mg of vitamin B6 should mainly be used in certain conditions such as pyridoxine deficient seizures and patients taking certain medications to avoid toxicity."

The RDA is 1.3 mg, so doses of 50 to 100 mg are actually quite high.

I'm not engaging your antagonism anymore now. Peace out.

LINK/URL: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4199287/

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)