Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I really love SH! - Because of SH...

Posted: Oct 10th, 2017 - 6:01 pm In Reply to: LOL, actually, I meant bother with SH, not IT. - I already know I hate IT..

when my account switched to a new platform, I still had all my templates. Not all of the platforms I have worked on had autocorrect to begin with, so that was my way of keeping all of my stuff.

I started out with Spheris and they had dictionaries for SH that I still use to this day. That was 10 years ago and I have had multiple job and account changes since then.

After xx amount of time, I email my saved entries to myself which has saved me a tremendous amount of time and energy in the long run as I have had 2 computers crash. I know that there have been a few times I have used a platform that has had autocorrect and I have had coworkers lose all of their stuff in autocorrect and had to start over.

I guess the question is really whether you want to learn it. I did not even realize the manual was that long as every place that I have worked has had tutorials and things for me to use. I liked it much better once I got used to it and started using it consistently.

That is just my 2 cents!

**** Edit to add*****

There are many formatting options that if you can find a tutorial somewhere you can take advantage of. Some programs if you type the ALT-T or something on your platform, it will enter the date. You can set SH up to do that. I don't know how many characters you can enter into AutoCorrect to do templates and such, but I have done very large templates in SH.

Another good thing about SH is the fact that you can use it in almost any program. I type a lot because my handwriting has gotten way worse over the years and it hurts to write anymore. I get very annoyed when I am on my personal computer at night trying to write an email and my SH entries are not working (cuz I do not have SH on that)!

Think I am done now!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)