Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

New MTs

To Ilene - Before you post here, you should

Posted: Sep 7th, 2017 - 4:59 pm In Reply to: New transcriptionist - Ilene Graebner

carefully go over this forum and read all the posts and then decide if you really want to become an MT. First off, you have no experience per se, so it will be difficult to find an MT job. There are MTs with tons of experience having a hard time and even if they do find something, it is low pay, outrageous QA, nit picking beyond belief, no work, etc. Just read that post about SoftScript. Nuance and M*Modal are spawned from the devil himself. Also most jobs are for independent contractors, so no taxes, no benefits, no nothing, just a lousy 4 cents per line. Sit down and figure out how much you would actually be making doing that kind of job. 1000 lines is $40.00.

Don't ask for any glowing recommendations here, you won't get them and I am pretty sure you will get replies like this one.

As someone posted, "are you out of your mind?"

Good luck, but there are other WAH jobs that might be worth looking into. Try iScribes and no I am not a recruiter for that company. I applied and it was an employee position, but I decided against it for personal and health reasons. Also I work outside of my home PT and do MT PT so I don't go crazy depending on this line of work for my only job.

Also, you will need to have 2-3 companies to work for to make any decent money. I hope you love your computer, because you will be chained to it as the work is so sporadic.

Still sound appealing? If it does, go for it, but "buyer beware."

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)