Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Your 2 Cents Add Up (giggle) - Another Math MT/CMT

Posted: Feb 6th, 2017 - 2:46 pm In Reply to: Thinking of being an IC? Read this before accepting a job offer... - My 2 cents

Great job with that information. The problem is that there are so few employee positions. I was offered a job at Acusis a few months ago after taking the test twice in a row "because I had potential," having 2 interviews (why?). You get the job offer after the 2nd interview, which had me wondering why that was necessary to "leave me hanging" between interviews. They also have a 2 cpl penalty for ALL work going to QA and the pay was not that great along with the usual employee-status demands. They train you with pay for 3-4 weeks. If you make it past 3 weeks and "have potential," they will train you for one more week before...I can't imagine! At that point, I thought all the psych was too much and turned down the job. However, I have had 4 job offers for IC work in the past 5 months with NO testing, not the best pay, but I was desperate and some of them count on that, but not all. I worked 2 of the jobs. One ran out of work, so I got another job and that was one of the worst I have had in 30+ years, but I took it because the recruiter was the best car salesman ever. GOOD NEWS: When I see some of the ads with low pay, I take the time to write them a polite note. I copy and paste my resume into the email so they see what they are NOT getting and politely tell them that I cannot work for such a low amount of pay PLUS pay the Social Security/Medicare tax too. I actually had one business owner tell me that 3.75 cpl for editing was the new industry standard. Really, who said? So, you are right. We really do need to let them know we won't work for that. If we all send a few emails to these people whenever we can, they may get tired of us and the companies may smarten up and pay us more. If not, they are going to continue wasting their time going through all of the best resumes and most of us turning them down. Thanks for all the math work you did on your note. GREAT!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)