Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

PS: Benefit of health insurance - anon

Posted: Feb 6th, 2017 - 11:06 am In Reply to: Thinking of being an IC? Read this before accepting a job offer... - My 2 cents

The smaller MTSO I work for actually pays half our health insurance premium and contributes about $150 a month to an HSA. The HSA is our money and if/when we leave, we take the money with us. Yes, it has to be spent on medical expenses, but it more than meets the deductible per year. If we don't have enough expenses for the deductible to kick in, I spend mine on glasses, dentist, even for my kids and hubby's medical. It's a great benefit and racks up to about $2000/year just for HSA contribution. Then the premiums they pay for us are over $500/month. It makes no sense to me to be an IC, when you add that to all the numbers above.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)