Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

technology - templates and EHR/EMR - LuckyMT

Posted: Aug 29th, 2016 - 5:45 am In Reply to: Nope and I quit - Old MT

speech 'understanding' is extremely sophisticated and there are hospitals in our city that are not even needing transcription at all, especially doctor's offices. These programs pull in most all information from labs, medications, basically all data entry entered at point-of-care into a medical record, and there are also scribes entering the information for the doctors at point-of-care using hand-held devices and touch screens (for about 10 dollars/hour without employee status, from what I have researched, which is why they want young med students).

That leaves the most difficult dictators for MTs I suppose, until they do away with speech completely and just go with all templates maybe...

But we have been training these programs for years. We should get compensated for that somehow...

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)