Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

LOL - Me too

Posted: Oct 16th, 2015 - 7:57 am In Reply to: LOL. Yes, well, some of us "old" lady MTs - were strictly on the job trained

I started MT before there were PCs or internet. Like you, I was trained on the job (though had a medical background) for a couple of years with continuous supervision/QA by the best in the business. Not only did they correct my errors; they explained everything thoroughly. By the time I had the opportunity to work from home, I had obtained my CMT (which used to mean something) and was a seasoned and independent worker.

I took an A&P course when I was 56 and figured it would be a snap. It was much harder than expected (I just can't absorb information as quickly now), but my MT background helped enormously, and I enjoyed the heck out of it and learned so much! On 3 occasions, I was able to point out to the instructor how the test questions/answers were ambivalent and misleading, and the wording was changed accordingly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)