Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Depends. sm - Planning my escape.

Posted: Jul 6th, 2015 - 12:13 pm In Reply to: Nuance? - Tjshorty

Sorry for the loss of your hospital job.

For me, yes, Nuance is really bad, but with a company this size, you will always find groups who are doing well, those who are not and those in between.

In your case, I suggest no rash decisions, like quitting immediately, before getting all the facts about the transition, unless you already have another offer elsewhere. Are you keeping your doctors? Are you keeping your platform? Will you get a pay differential before joining the rest of us on the pay grid? If yes to all of that, you will have time rationally decide on what is best for you, but check this board often for any changes that *will* be in your future. There was not much of a change at first when my company joined Nuance, then the dreaded "exciting changes" conference call came and the pay cuts and insurance changes were unveiled.

If you are given secondary or new accounts, this company employs multiple platforms, a multitude of client instructions that can enhance or hamper your line count, and different audio qualities, just to name a few factors. In my case, the platform is clunky (so bad, we used to have a pay differential to make up for the clunkiness--no more), my accounts have THE worst audio I have ever encountered in 20+ years of MTing (cheapo cell phones) and dictators rarely use templates/normals. On the flip side, I have helped out on other accounts and had some great line counts due to ability to copy from prior reports into others (H&P into DC summary, for example; seems not allowed on most accts), decent audio clarity, and dictators' use of templates/normals. TSMs/managers vary as well. From some posts on this board, there are horrible ones, but mine is one of the good ones. Pay-wise, I expect and budget for state min wage and anything over that is considered a bonus. My QA varies from 100% one week to under 98% the next, not that it matters since my LPH usually keeps me in the bottom 1/4 of the pay grid anyway. I rarely run out of work, but have an unpopular schedule; others on this board have posted about their lack of work.

Probably more than you were looking for. : )

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)