A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

uterine dilator - Hank or Hanks - sm - je suis MT

Posted: Jun 11, 2012

My Tessier book shows it as "Hank" and Stedman's, "Hanks".  

Thanks. 

Hank - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Reference? - je suis MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the reply. Please share the reference used.

reference - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS248&q=%22hank%20uterine%20dilator%22&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1024&bih=604&wrapid=tlif133943607446810&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=iw&ei=lSvWT-edKuSB6gG13eSBAw#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS248&q=hank+%22uterine+dilator%22&oq=hank+%22uterine+dilator%22&aq=f&aqi=p-p2g-K1&aql=&gs_l=serp.3..35i39l2j0i30.8750.9953.0.13609.2.2.0.0.0.0.234.406.0j1j1.2.0...0.0.qWQFhAPO10M&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=1d8ae26c021efe57&biw=1024&bih=604
URL/link box - sm - je suis MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I can see that you found something on a Google search. It looks like it may be to a secure site (https). It's not usable as is.

If you'll paste URL into the "URL/Link" field in the reply window, we might be able to access it.

Many thanks.
je suis - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
The link works. I tested it. You need to copy to the end of the link, which appears to "fall out" of the response box. However, if you select the text and copy, the link works.

I posted the search engine link because it provided myriad resources. Here is a different link for reference:

http://www.medical-supplies-equipment-company.com/product/ppf/param/2382_0__1_true/product_search.asp
help - sm - je suis MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the follow up. It's good to know you were able copy and paste the original link - didn't work for me.

Regarding search engine links: As witnessed by my posting here, I have internet access, and am familiar with search engines and how to use them. It's true that myriad references can be found this way; however, it's not the quantity of information that's important, but its veracity.

Our reputations, and sometimes our jobs, rest on the quality and accuracy of the work we produce. We MTs post our queries to this board, as opposed to relying on questionable hits from a google search, in the hopes that a professional colleague will be able to offer solid information and advice, based on reliable, industry-accepted standards.

No affront was intended in asking for the source of the information provided, nor in offering a way to share it that made it accessable to others.

Best regards to you and thanks again for your help.
please - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
It was my intention to offer assitance. Rather than offering one reference, I chose to offer up to you an array of references from which you could choose and assess reliability: I did this so you would not have to "rely on questionable hits", as there were numerous results for "Hank". When you requested another reference, I went out of my way to come back and provide another one for you.

I am not a stranger to the vagaries of search engines, and I do not offer references based on quantity. I spent a good deal of time to provide you with the most comprehensive set of references possible. It's hard for me to understand why you think it's necessary to instruct me with regard to research. I just kind of feel like "why did I bother?"
thanks again - sm - je suis MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Your help has been gratefully acknowledged with sincere thanks in every communication.

As stated, I was unable to access the the reference link you provided; could only tell it was a google search.

I didn't "instruct you with regard to research". I offered what I hoped was an explanatory and conciliatory response.

It's to be hoped you bothered because you're a caring professional and choose to participate in this forum because you can and do help others.

Please don't look for offense where none was intended. If you were upset in some way, please accept my sincere apologies.

Similar Messages:

Hank Vs Hanks Uterine Dilator - Sm
Aug 07, 2013

Stedman's shows it as "Hanks", Tessier and older documentation "Hank".  Also finding a "Hank-Bradley" uterine dilator.   Anyone have the definitive answer, with a resource?   Thanks :)  ...

Van Muller Vaginal Dilator
May 26, 2012

I know I have heard this before!! ...

S/l Sabor Dilator For Esophageal Stricture.
Mar 13, 2011

A 9 mm, and 10 mm __ (553) was passed over the guidewire with mild resistance, and dilation was successful. ...

Jeffries/Jefferies Needle Or Dilator
Apr 25, 2011

Jeffries/Jefferies needle or dilator.  I have not been able to document this.  Please help! ...

Uterine Incision Was J-ed????
Oct 13, 2009

Used this term twice, I know he meant J-shaped, but verbatum account.  Any suggestions? ...

Uterine Manipulator
Jun 03, 2011

ok, dr is saying plain as day "TUMI uterine manipulator".  cant find this anywhere.  It's not RUMI or HUMI.  have tried Toomey, no luck.  any ideas??  TKS A _____ uterine manipulator was then advanced through the cervix and into the uterine cavity. ...

S/l And/in The Uterine Cavity Emptied
Aug 20, 2010

cannula was then reintroduced s/l and/in the uterine cavity emptied s/l at/out debris ...

Vesicare Uterine Manipulator
Dec 03, 2011

Anyone heard of Vesicare uterine manipulator  ...

Tiemen's Uterine Curette
Oct 24, 2014

Anyone hear of this?  I tried all the possible spellings I could think of but came up blank.  He says it clearly and it sounds like "Tea Man's". ...

Drug Sounds Like Lustiva Or Lustida For Uterine Bleeding.
Oct 19, 2011

Laugh Of The Day, "risk Of Uterine Perspiration."
Nov 20, 2013

sounds like menopause madness!! ...