A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

stumped on phrase - Liza

Posted: Aug 25, 2010

I could certainly use some help on a phrase- been working on it all morning and I cannot get it for the life of me.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Here it is:

She had had an operation for to release the tethered cord and also fusion s/l elfatha swan.

Thank youCool

stumped - Irisella

[ In Reply To ..]
Could it be fusion of L5-S1?

stumped - Liza

[ In Reply To ..]
That's it!!!! ALLRIGHT- thank you so much!!

Similar Messages:

Stumped On H&H
Feb 11, 2010

I'm new to this and very appreciative of all the help I've found in the past.  So I'm stumped on a little question.  Is it "H&H" or "H and H"?  Is one more right than the other? Thanks in advance! ...

Help! I Am Stumped!
Feb 28, 2010

This is a 6 wk old fresh out of the NICU, on home O2 who had an episode of cyanosis and chest congestion at home.  Dx dictated 3 different times in the document, s/l "all-T"-anyone know what this is?  Sounds exactly the same each time, and VR comes up with All T 2 times and AICD once (but it does not sound anything like that.)  Help! Thanks ...

I'm Stumped
Mar 17, 2011

Anyone know what this is?  Sounds like PVR of VRCCs following her GU procedure? ...

Help! I'm Stumped On How To Deal With This...
Oct 24, 2009

Urinalysis has been obtained today suggesting 50 to 100 WBCs, RBCs, many bacteria, with a WBC of 6.9, hemoglobin 14.3, positive nitrites and moderate leukoesterase in his urine. First, I cannot find leukoesterase in any dictionary and believe he must mean leukocyte esterase.  Can I change it?  Should I flag it if I do or is it one of those things that is obvious enough that it doesn't need to be flagged.  Second, should I punctuate it differently?  I mean the WBC and he ...

Help With Medication Name-I Am Stumped
Mar 26, 2010

S/l "des-bella" or "des-billa" or something close to this.  Pt is being seen after twisting her ankle.  Only thing mentioned on PMH is depression, and venlafexine (which I am guessing is supposed to be venlafaxine (generic Effexor).  Any thoughts as to what this could be?  I am stumped! ...

Word Help And I Am Stumped!
May 21, 2010

The doc uses it twice and it sounds exactly the same each time.  The closest I can find is monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance (MGUS).  The patient is a XXXX with a history of s'l "amgus" and diabetes, presents for right leg pain. and given her history of s/l "amgus" we will get x-rays of the hip, femur and tibia to rule out occult lesions. ...

HELP...drug Name Has Me Stumped
Sep 20, 2011

Ok lovlies...need some help...I am a new graduate working my first job and a drug name has me stumped. Sounds like "hemaprosil"...I can't find it anywhere, have tried several different spellings, searched online, my pharm book...no luck at all. I can't even weed out based on condition becasue the it is in a medication list. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have :) ...

Stumped On An Eye Medication
Oct 11, 2012

Anyone know of an allergy eye drug that sounds like "La Pree" or "Nay Pree" or something eeee?? I am completely stumped and really need help.    Thank you so much ladies.   frustrated ...

Help! Will Follow Up S/l EP STAT? I'm Stumped!
Jun 09, 2010

.. ...

Stumped! Type Of Endocarditis
Aug 09, 2010

Anyone know of "endocarditis secondary to what s/l Lewman's Sachs or Luman's Sachs? Is in an Infectious Disease consult.   TX in advance! ...

I'm Stumped..what Is The Pleural For Cellulitis? Why Don't I Know This???
Jun 07, 2011

.. ...

Help, 1st Report Of The Day And I'm Stumped. Podiatry
Apr 20, 2012

s/l sit trix  (associated with hard skin from a dorsal scar).  Thanks! ...

I'm Stumped; In PE Under Vascular, No S/l (flurosal) Claudication??
Apr 16, 2010

.. ...

S/l Lomictazone Nasal Spray. I'm Stumped...nm
Oct 19, 2010

.. ...

Colonscopy - I Think It Is A Measurement, S/l Howstra?? I'm Stumped. Thanks!
Nov 02, 2011

.. ...

Transcribing Age In Years And Months...stumped
Nov 14, 2011

I don't know if I'm having a duh moment or what.  Doc says 'the patient is a 3 year 9 month old female.'  No idea how to transcribe this without changing it.  Any ideas?  Thanks! ...

I'm Stumped! The Only Condition Given Is Restless Leg Syndrome And Is On (sm)
Jun 30, 2014

medication which s/l nabrolin 500 mg 1 to 2 tabs daily..any ideas????? ...

Please Help With Phrase
Dec 09, 2009

When a physician dictates “It should be noted as well within the family history” and you are already typing the family history. Do you still type “It should be noted as well”? The doctor dictates this frequently. ...

Phrase Help Please
Jan 06, 2011

Sounds like "n" ease viopathic changes? involving the greater tuberosity.   Any clues? Thanks! ...

Help With A Phrase
Oct 09, 2011

Okay, I am sure I have heard this before but for whatever reason cannot seem to get it this time..... he is saying.....  "negative hawk sign, negative cochans sign" Please help - can't take the time to search any more!  Thanks in advance for any help you can offer! ...

Is There Such A Phrase?
Jan 22, 2012

The patient progressed to independent transverse? Is this an actual phrase and what exactly would it mean? ...

Phrase Help
Mar 16, 2012

In pulmonary dictation, sounds like dictator is saying "lungs are known to have rales in the anterior and posterior....." But I know that is incorrect. Please help with the "are known" part. ...

GI Phrase
Oct 25, 2012

Has anyone heard of the phrase "four gut pathology"  Dr. dictated very clearly, tried to find it, was unsuccessful Thx!   ...

Has Anyone Ever Heard This Phrase Before?
Dec 06, 2009

ER report concerning pt stating was assaulted by an ex-boyfriend. EXTREMITIES: Both knees with very minimal s/l "tall dime-sized" bruises. ...

Unfamilar EKG Phrase-help!
Jan 10, 2010

Doing EKG due to syncopal episode.  EKG is obtained because of a complaint of syncope showing a normal sinus rhythm, no s/l "current of entry." Am I even hearing this right.  I suspect I am not. TIA! ...

Any One Heard This Phrase Used Before?
Feb 09, 2010

Has anyone heard this phrase before in ROS? All other systems reviewed s/l including ten were negative. ...

Does Anyone Else Hate This Phrase....
May 26, 2011

I have 20 years of experience doing medical transcription in hospitals and at home, and lately I have heard things like "4 cpl, this is the going rate now."  I find it a little offensive when companies do not think of and appreciate the experience we are bringing.  They are basically justifying not paying us for the experience and knowledge we are bringing to the position they want to fill. Does anyone else feel the same way?  I am insulted....I am desperately searching for the ri ...

Comma After Since Phrase?
Nov 21, 2011

Since his last office visit, he has not had any..... OR Since his last office visit he has not had any.....    Comma or not after "since his last office visit" ?  Thanks! ...

How To Type This Phrase
Nov 29, 2011

How do you type the phrase "Half plus swelling." ...

Is There Any Dictator Who Can Use The Phrase
Dec 25, 2011

I really don't think any of them know what it means.  It's been getting under my skin lately. ...