A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

shepherd's-hook or Shepherd hook catheter - je suis MT

Posted: Jan 06, 2010

Being used in a arteriogram. 

Tessier (which I usually consider a reliable tome, but this is older and have found a very few mistakes) has it as the latter, but can't find Shepherd as a brand or inventor's name, and the former would seem to make sense (as in, shaped like a shepherd's hook). 

hook - try this

[ In Reply To ..]
Is it for the eye? There is a Shepard reversed iris hook according to the medical and surgical equipment book. That is the only one I can find.

hook - try this

[ In Reply To ..]
Looked again and there is a shepherd's hook catheter from the same reference book.

?reference book - je suis MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for this. The catheter was used in a lower extremity arteriogram, but I'll remember the other for ophthalmologic procedures.

Was it in Stedman's Med/Surg equipment book that you found these references?
stedman - yes
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes- fourth edition - it is probably old but I do find lots of words in this one. One of the best references I have used in a long time.
Merci mille fois (thanks a million)! - je suis MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Much appreciated.

Similar Messages:

Roton Hook?
Feb 27, 2012

Doing a cervical fusion and she says "the ligament was lifted with a small roton hook"   Any ideas? ...

L-hook Cautery
May 17, 2012

Is "L-hook cautery" correct? ...

Anyone Else Having Problems? Can't Hook Up
Feb 25, 2014

But the light thingie shows green ...

Frame Hook Error
Jan 31, 2010

Anyone know anything about frame hook errors and how to fix them?  I got a new computer and we tried hooking up with my current transcription employer and keep getting the message:  Cannot create frame hook to parent window. any help?   Thanks all. ...

Lily Hook? Seems Like I've Heard This Before.
Jun 08, 2011

I can't find it anywhere. During surgery to correct malocclusion, says the mandibular foramen was identified with s/l Lily or Lillie? hook. ...

Im Sick Of People Saying I Lost My Job Can You Hook Me Up?
Feb 29, 2012

People think we are a bunch of morons that type what we hear...This job is not easy, I wish I could legally say here listen to this and type it...do you still want this job?  The thousand or so dollars I have invested in reference material (especially pre google years) and I still dont trust google totally..I still takle pride in my job and would never do anything to compromise patient care, although it would be very easy to not go the extra half hour or so to go searching through the mess ...

X-rays - There Is A **sonically** Nonunited Hook Of The Hamate.
May 13, 2012

x ...

Type Of Hook For Ophthalmology... S/l Guis-Hopper Or Squeeze Hopper Hooks
Mar 10, 2010

x ...

64 Minutes Of Phone Off The Hook - Not Wasting My Time Listening To The Entire 64 Minutes!
Mar 07, 2014

Only warrants periodic scans. If anyone comes back at me for that, they can listen to 64 minutes of nothing themselves. If the doctor dictated, too bad he did not follow protocol = put the dictation on hold when not dictating or hang up the phone! ...

Claw Hook S/l "concert" At T11 Area (spinal)
Nov 15, 2011

claw hook s/l "concert" at T11 area (spinal) ...

Diagnostic Catheter With A S/l Viscryl Wire And Exchanged For A LIMA Catheter
May 28, 2011

We then exchanged the JR4 diagnostic catheter with a s/l viscryl wire and exchanged for a LIMA catheter ...any idea what the wire name is? ...

Ash Split Catheter Or Ash Splint Catheter?
Aug 26, 2010

Anyone heard of this? Thanks, Abby ...

Sim 2 Catheter?
Nov 09, 2009

Sim 2 catheter?  SIM, SIMM II?  Can't find anything definitive.  Its being used for a diagnostic cerebral angiogram.  Thanks in advance! ...

Catheter Name
Jan 16, 2010

Anyone heard of "Seedman catheter" - urology, used in a nephrlithotomy report.  ???  thank you! ...

Tie Dye Catheter
Nov 04, 2010

The patient was unable to diurese in the setting of severe low blood pressures and poor renal function.  s/l Tie dye catheter was replaced and renal replacement therapy initiated. ...

S/l PT Catheter
Jul 20, 2011

Judkins catheter exchanged for s/l PT catheter in an arteriography.  Any ideas?  Thanks! ...

S/l I Catheter
Jan 15, 2012

s/l 24-French "I" catheter, or "NI" catheter.  Never heard of this kind of catheter.  It is for a resection of the prostate.  THank you for any help!  ...

Catheter Name?
Dec 10, 2012

Is there such a thing as a Trate Meggar catheter?  This is how it sounds.  ...

Udall Catheter
Oct 12, 2009

Anyone heard of this for dialysis catheter?  ...

S/l Compu-Catheter?
Oct 28, 2009

For thrombectomy, sounds like compicatheter or Compu-Catheter, and this doctor sure loves his gadgets, but I wanted to verify before going with Compu-Catheter. Thanks in advance. ...

S/l Sauce Catheter? Nm
Nov 24, 2009

nm ...

Q-pump Catheter? Aq? Hq? Nm
Dec 08, 2009

nm ...

S/L Goshon Catheter
Jan 06, 2010

x ...

S/l Transbacilic Catheter ???
Mar 18, 2010

"No thrombus associated with his s/l Transbacilic catheter..." ...

Name Of Thrombolysis Catheter
Apr 17, 2010

I am looking for the name of a catheter used for thrombolysis, it sounds like he is saying Tuch-Cook cross catheter, but I have not been able to locate anything even close.  Any help would be appreciated.  ...

Eswald Catheter?
Apr 26, 2010

Sounds like he says "Eswald" catheter on OP report for exploratory laparotomy on a female, could it be ESWL catheter? ...

Name Of An Angioplasty Catheter
Apr 27, 2010

Hi everyone.  My doctor is saying what sounds like "A 5-French SOS Omni catheter was then placed over the Amplatz wire.....).  Can anyone tell me, without actually listening yourselves, if there is such a thing as a 5-French SOS Omni catheter.  Thanks. ...

JR64 Catheter
Apr 28, 2010

the doc dictates JR64 catheter - unable to document ...

Bard Catheter
Jun 28, 2010

I am stuck on a word.  The dictator is talking about a Bard catheter that was passed into the bladder.  He says the s/l "stymat" was removed and the balloon was blown up 10 ccs.  I can't find any word that resembles stymat that is correct.  Any suggestions? ...

In And Out Foley Catheter/In And Out Foley Catheter
Aug 08, 2010

How this could be documented, dictated as "in and out Foley catheter" ...