A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Sim 2 catheter? - GA_MT

Posted: Nov 09, 2009

Sim 2 catheter?  SIM, SIMM II?  Can't find anything definitive.  Its being used for a diagnostic cerebral angiogram.  Thanks in advance!

SIM 2 per Medscape - Horski

[ In Reply To ..]
Procedure
After an overnight fast the patient was taken to the cath lab where, under local anesthesia, a venous catheter for drugs and volume infusions and an 8 Fr arterial sheath were placed percutaneously in the right femoral vessels. Intravenous ASA (500 mg) and 70 U/kg body weight of unfractioned heparin were then given to raise the activated clotting time above 200 sec. With a 5 Fr SIM 2 and/or a Judkins right coronary catheter, a 4-vessel angiogram with selective injection in both carotid and vertebral arteries was obtained with digital subtraction only for the intracranial views. Through the lumen of the SIM catheter, a 0.035 in. extra support wire was introduced...

Here's the link
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/494368_2

Similar Messages:

Diagnostic Catheter With A S/l Viscryl Wire And Exchanged For A LIMA Catheter
May 28, 2011

We then exchanged the JR4 diagnostic catheter with a s/l viscryl wire and exchanged for a LIMA catheter ...any idea what the wire name is? ...

Ash Split Catheter Or Ash Splint Catheter?
Aug 26, 2010

Anyone heard of this? Thanks, Abby ...

Catheter Name
Jan 16, 2010

Anyone heard of "Seedman catheter" - urology, used in a nephrlithotomy report.  ???  thank you! ...

Tie Dye Catheter
Nov 04, 2010

The patient was unable to diurese in the setting of severe low blood pressures and poor renal function.  s/l Tie dye catheter was replaced and renal replacement therapy initiated. ...

S/l PT Catheter
Jul 20, 2011

Judkins catheter exchanged for s/l PT catheter in an arteriography.  Any ideas?  Thanks! ...

S/l I Catheter
Jan 15, 2012

s/l 24-French "I" catheter, or "NI" catheter.  Never heard of this kind of catheter.  It is for a resection of the prostate.  THank you for any help!  ...

Catheter Name?
Dec 10, 2012

Is there such a thing as a Trate Meggar catheter?  This is how it sounds.  ...

Udall Catheter
Oct 12, 2009

Anyone heard of this for dialysis catheter?  ...

S/l Compu-Catheter?
Oct 28, 2009

For thrombectomy, sounds like compicatheter or Compu-Catheter, and this doctor sure loves his gadgets, but I wanted to verify before going with Compu-Catheter. Thanks in advance. ...

S/l Sauce Catheter? Nm
Nov 24, 2009

nm ...

Q-pump Catheter? Aq? Hq? Nm
Dec 08, 2009

nm ...

S/L Goshon Catheter
Jan 06, 2010

x ...

S/l Transbacilic Catheter ???
Mar 18, 2010

"No thrombus associated with his s/l Transbacilic catheter..." ...

Name Of Thrombolysis Catheter
Apr 17, 2010

I am looking for the name of a catheter used for thrombolysis, it sounds like he is saying Tuch-Cook cross catheter, but I have not been able to locate anything even close.  Any help would be appreciated.  ...

Eswald Catheter?
Apr 26, 2010

Sounds like he says "Eswald" catheter on OP report for exploratory laparotomy on a female, could it be ESWL catheter? ...

Name Of An Angioplasty Catheter
Apr 27, 2010

Hi everyone.  My doctor is saying what sounds like "A 5-French SOS Omni catheter was then placed over the Amplatz wire.....).  Can anyone tell me, without actually listening yourselves, if there is such a thing as a 5-French SOS Omni catheter.  Thanks. ...

JR64 Catheter
Apr 28, 2010

the doc dictates JR64 catheter - unable to document ...

Bard Catheter
Jun 28, 2010

I am stuck on a word.  The dictator is talking about a Bard catheter that was passed into the bladder.  He says the s/l "stymat" was removed and the balloon was blown up 10 ccs.  I can't find any word that resembles stymat that is correct.  Any suggestions? ...

In And Out Foley Catheter/In And Out Foley Catheter
Aug 08, 2010

How this could be documented, dictated as "in and out Foley catheter" ...

Perma Catheter
Aug 26, 2010

What is the correct way to write this?  I have seen it all these ways. Perm-A-Cath (or catheter) Perma Catheter Permacatheter And is it capitalized? Thx! ...

Looking For Name Of Catheter Tube
Jun 16, 2011

This is a long-term use indwelling catheter for urinary incontinence.  The doc says this word 5 times, and each time it sounds different.  ? Swahili tube, Spot PE tube, Spapeve tube, Spa-TV tube.  Any ideas?   ...

M Path Catheter?
Dec 07, 2010

I know that is not right, but that is what it sounds like.  Help!! ...

Red Robin Catheter?
Apr 01, 2011

The dictator clearly states "red robin catheter."  I can find red rubber, red Robinson, and red rubber Robinson, but no red robin. ...

Racz Catheter
May 18, 2011

racz catheter used ... sounds like cary or Kara or curie??? ...

Nowatory Catheter
Sep 22, 2011

Sounds like - Nowatory Catheter/sp.  Cardiac cath report.  ...

PTCA Catheter
Jan 14, 2012

I am stuck on a term that is on the tip of my tongue as they say. It s/l "orbus" catheter for PTCA and stenting procedure. Thanks! ...

Port-a-catheter
Jun 29, 2014

I have a radiologist saying port-a-catheter.  I have only ever used Port-A-Cath.  Can port-a-catheter be a generic term? ...

Flush Catheter
Jul 31, 2014

Is flush capitalized? I've seen this both ways. Is Omni Flush what is meant? ...

Kuhn's Catheter
Feb 11, 2015

Anyone heard of a Kuhn's catheter used in cardiac catheterizations?  I only found 1 referrence on google and it indicated Kuhn's catheter was an intubation catheter. ...

Angiogram Using A S/l 2E Catheter
May 22, 2015

a Command 0.014 wire was used to cross the lesions and an angiogram using a s/l 2E catheter to localize the lesions.   ...