A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

s/l dinya varus, tinya varus......has to do with his gait - ?

Posted: Nov 25, 2009

thanks

kinds of varus......sm - vrvr

[ In Reply To ..]
Cubitus varus

Cubitus varus: A deformity of the elbow resulting in a decreased carrying angle (so that, with the arm extended at the side and the palm facing...Source: MedicineNetVarus

Varus: (vara, varum) Angled inward, bent or twisted inward, as in

cubitus varus,

hallux varus,

talipes equinovarus,

genu varum,

and coxa vara

Source: MedicineNet

Hallux varus

Hallux varus: An inward bending (varus) of the joint of the big toe (the halluxSource: MedicineNetHallux

...s duty in medicine. Abnormalities of the big toe tend thus to be called hallux this-or-that. For example, hallux valgus and hallux varus. In hallux valgus, the big toe is bent outward (valgus) so...Source: MedicineNetVarum

Varum: See: VarusSource: MedicineNetVara

Vara: See: VarusSource: MedicineNetTalipes equinovarus

...of clubfoot. Talipes is made up of the Latin talus (ankle) + pes (foot). Equino- indicates the heel is elevated (like a horse's) and -varus indicates it is turned inward. With this type of...Source: MedicineNetGun stock deformity

Gun stock deformity: See: Cubitus varusSource: MedicineNetClubfoot

...turned in sharply and the person seems to be walking on their ankle. Equino- indicates the heel is elevated (like a horse's) and -varus indicates it is turned inwardSource

Similar Messages:

Varus/valgus Wobble
Jun 03, 2010

I cannot document this, so I am unsure.  TIA   She has just a trace of s/l varus/valgus wobble in flexion.   ...

Straight Away Gait?
Feb 04, 2010

Gait was a bit unsteady on tandem, but was not diagnostic on the straight away gait ...

S/l Precipital Gait
Oct 05, 2010

The patient has a symmetric s/l perciptal gait. tia. ...

Gait, Under What System?
Jun 15, 2011

A doc is describing the patients gait in PE, but does not state under what system, where should it go? Under extremeties, neuro...not real sure. ...

Apropulsive Vs. A Propulsive Gait
Apr 21, 2011

This is for a podiatrist, not sure if it would be different in another specialty. Dr. dictates what sounds like "apropulsive gait" and I cannot find a true definition for apropulsive other than on podiatry sites. Does anyone know which term should be used? Thanks for your help! ...

Gait Question For Ortho
Jun 27, 2012

Her gait was normalized with ___ gait training today and given verbal cues for proper gait dynamics and postural alignment. I have no idea what he is saying. Probably something easy. s.l.Thapture? capture? ...

Concerning The Discussion A Few Days Ago About Which Heading Gait Testing Goes Under.
Jun 27, 2015

Gait testing is part of the neurological examination and should therefore go under that heading.  From my perspective, healthcare document integrity should hold sway over account specs or doctor preferences.  Too many doctors think all that matters is what they say or how they interpret what is said, which is total bunk.  If that were true, we would all just start typing melanotic stools every time one of these medical geniuses dictates that because certainly there isn't a do ...

Patient With Back Pain And Gait Disorder Has *e Lack O Scoliosis.* Thanks. Nm
Jun 22, 2010

nm ...

The Patient Is Status Post Revision Knee Surgery. Her Gait Shows A Slightly Shortened (s/l Shy) Dis
Sep 29, 2010

TIA ...

Doc Says "walk And Tandem Gait Intact."
Jul 13, 2012

? ...

Gait "pait" Pattern
Feb 16, 2012

gait "pait" pattern ...

"sestering Type Gait"
Nov 29, 2012

This is in a physical therapy examination - thanks so much! ...

Gait's Beat? Or Gaits Beat
Jun 22, 2012

Normal stride and step length. Gaits beat is normal. Is it gait's beat or gaits beat ...

Help With S/l "de Jed" Gait
May 14, 2010

I have a sentence in assessment: She has chronic pain syndrome related to prior fracture and lumbar de jed gait. He is pronouncing it kinda like dee' jed ...