A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

The patient is status post revision knee surgery. Her gait shows a slightly shortened (s/l shy) dis - lmn

Posted: Sep 29, 2010

TIA

Did your post get cut off? - no1joe

[ In Reply To ..]
IDK what the "dis" at the end might be, but if it s/l "shy," maybe it's "stride length" or "stride distance?" That's the best guess I've got. Good luck. : )

Similar Messages:

Patient Is Status-post I&D Of A **dermatoma** Of The Left Knee
Aug 31, 2011

My first thought is hematoma but really sounds like a Derm..... Thanks ...

The Patient Had A S/l Knee Surgery With A S/l Cardizel Olds?
May 01, 2012

The patient had a s/l knee surgery with a s/l Cardizel Olds?? enzyme procedure. He performed this ten years ago and I cannot really hear clearly what he is saying.  Any ideas?  Thanks. ...

Pt Is Status-post CMC Arthroplasty. Patient Had Her Cast Removed And Was Going To Be Placed In A Sp
Jan 19, 2010

x ...

Oncology Patient Is Status Post A (s/l Talo) Pancreas Resection
Aug 15, 2010

My GP is wandering into new fields on me.... The patient is status post a (s/l talo) pancreas resection for cancer on 06/29/2010. Not sure if this should be Talar Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.   ...

Knee Revision Prosthesis Type + Other ?
Dec 15, 2011

Patient had a total knee arthroplasty.  She has valgus alignment and limb length discrepancy.  Doctor is recommending revision.  He dictates: Our recommendation would be to likely pursue surgical management of the left total knee arthroplasty and revise this from a total knee arthroplasty into a ---------- prosthesis.  She is amenable to this plan especially since she has a valgus malalignment along with a limb length discrepancy of approximately 3 cm. I hear "bad-ock" or ...

Carotid Surgery, Status Post S/l "IUL" Implantation. Nm
Feb 23, 2011

xx ...

CRIM? Patient Is Status Post Remote Hip Fracture With CRIM Procedure?
Jul 21, 2010

What is this?  Thanks in advance! ...

Patient Is Status Post (s/l "CSI VAC")
Jun 20, 2011

Patient is status post (s/l "CSI VAC") for a wound infection. ...

L Knee - MRI Shows A Likely Subcortical S/l Specular
Jun 15, 2011

x ...

MRI Shows A Medial Meniscus Tear Of The Right Knee With A
Sep 27, 2010

x ...

Patient With Back Pain And Gait Disorder Has *e Lack O Scoliosis.* Thanks. Nm
Jun 22, 2010

nm ...

Orthopedic Surgery, Is It Perineal Post Or Peroneal Post? NM
Feb 10, 2012

xx ...

Patient Scheduled For Shoulder Surgery - Patient Has Pacemaker
Sep 12, 2011

We will have the patient seen by anesthesia preop to make sure the pacemaker is properly cared for during the surgical procedure, which requires general anesthesia, and the use of the s/l **bovig** during the surgery.  Thanks!! ...

Beware Of Post By Jessica Miller On Job Board. It Shows
Mar 11, 2013

Transcriptionwave and states is a US company, but email link takes you to Transcriptionlive and has a calculator for transcription 40% "lesser" than US.  ...

Question On Post Vs Status Post
Oct 22, 2009

Sometimes I'm not sure what to do when they say "post" ... something. I know if it is postauricular (for example), it is attached ... but how about post aneurysmal surgery?  It does not seem like it would be attached.  - Is it proper to leave it stand-alone or should I change it to status post ... or actually attach it? Thanks in advance!!  ...

Help With Arthroscopic Knee Surgery Sm
Nov 10, 2010

The suction shaver was used to débride the lateral tibial plateau.  s/l "Stable cartoid was left" Thanks for any help.  ...

Knee Replacement Surgery????
Jan 10, 2011

I am wondering would it make sense to say "She had some tenderness with palpation "near the border" of the patella.  Or would it be better to type "She had some tenderness with palpation of the knee "above" the patella." I am not sure what I am hearing. Thanks. ...

Ortho Knee Surgery
Jan 26, 2011

s/l synovial "crud" or "crudge"  thanks for any help! ...

Orthopedic Knee Surgery
Feb 05, 2011

sounds like planka syndrome, or plankton? ...

Ortho Knee Surgery Help Retractor Name
Mar 15, 2010

Surgeon is using a Homan/Hohmann retractor.  I found both terms in the Tessier Surgical Word Book and also both terms used regarding this arthroscopic knee replacement surgery via Google. What I need is an MT who has some experience with this and can advise me as to which is correct.  This is my first operative report for ortho. I need an Obi-Wan to my Luke! ...

Ortho Knee Surgery/procedure
May 31, 2010

The * (could be one or two words, I can't even describe what it sounds like!) about the upper and lower extremities were all padded. Thanks  S/L  plain poralances? ...

S/l Tibio Plastic Exchange (knee Surgery)
Nov 03, 2011

..even Google didnt help. ...

Knee Surgery S/l 'placa Resection"
Sep 18, 2012

Patient is undergoing surgery for a possible medial meniscus tear.  Doc says the surgery is "placa" resection. Help??? ...

Patient Has Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. *Sensory Sensoma* Testing Shows *2/3* In All Digits? Thanx. Nm
Jan 13, 2012

nm ...

Knee Surgery; C-arm Imaging Was Used To Define The Appropriate Location At S/l Shottle's Point
Feb 13, 2013

x ...

Status Post
May 07, 2012

Plz tell me which one of these are correct/appropirate to use with "status post"   The patient is four months' status post  surgery or The patient is four-month status post surgery   thnx,   Syd   ...

PE Status Post GFF
Jun 29, 2012

The patient has abdominal aortic aneurysm, myocardial infarction x4, PE status post GFF?   ? PE status post GFF ?   Thanks.  :) ...

Abbreviating Status Post
Nov 29, 2010

I was just wondering if anyone has had to abbreviate status post before? One of my docs says " s slash p" for it, and I don't know if I should capitalize the s and p or not. Any thoughts? I cannot find any info on this anywhere! ...

Pt Is 2 Weeks Status-post S/l NUA
Jan 23, 2011

x ...

Status Post Right S/l Neoplexy
Oct 13, 2011

This is listed in the impression section of an office note, but there is no reference made to it elsewhere in the report for context.  It is a cardiac office note.  ...