A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

help surgery OP note - djm

Posted: Jun 30, 2011

anybody have any ideas??  s/l "Stell"  dont think it is Steel.  TKS:)

The 29 mm _______ stapler was then passed via the anus into the rectum. The circular stapler would not fit flush with the staple line.

help surgery OP note - ladyntn

[ In Reply To ..]
Could it be a 29 mm calibre CEEA stapler?

Similar Messages:

Surgery Note For TFCC Repair - Need Help
Aug 31, 2010

Sounds like he is saying Jake hemostat, but I cannot reference it. Thanks!     ...

Oral Surgery - General Surgery
Jan 23, 2015

Stumped here.  :(  Surgeon says:  Two screws fractured at the level of the bone.   They were ____________ and removed in the usual fashion.       The blank sounds like "truffened", "troughened", "truffined"?  Some sort of removal.  I have absolutely no idea.     Thanks in advance.  :)  ...

Op Note Help !!
Oct 20, 2009

The fundus was then grasped with a s/l "shaney"______, and the uterus was flipped.  The final pedicles were then clamped, cut, and ligated with a 2-0 Vicryl with a s/l 4NF_____ and a stay suture bilaterally. ...

ENT Note
Oct 30, 2009

In regards to his ears, he is status post tube placement, adenotonsillectomy, and left s/l "cleft or cales utoma" removal.   thanks for any help! ...

ER Note
Dec 21, 2009

The physician request that I format in an ER Note, but all I can find is an ER Consultation, progress Note, or soap note. How do I decide which to use? I need one that can handle the history, past medical history, and review of systems. Does anyone have a site I can locate this information plz.   ...

Op Note - Can I Help!
Nov 10, 2010

OK, am editing an op note that ASR typed as......maintained the dorsal wrist artery with an ERECT MALE and using bipolar cautery.  Where do I sign up for OR tech classes? :) ...

Is Anyone Out There Please??? Need Help With ENT OP Note
Mar 04, 2011

Dictated ... A S/L trap mold was applied to the ear canal followed by a S/L glassapack dressing.   TIA ...

GI OP NOTE
Jun 02, 2011

help!  s/l 'frome like'. There was one area that had protuberance from the lining of the mucosa, which appeared to be an inflammation tissue and was *------* . This may be the location of the colovesical fistula. ...

ENT OP NOTE HELP
Aug 22, 2011

anybody ever heard of what s/l do-co-be??  any help is much appreciated.  TY A left-sided hemitransfixion incision was made with sharp dissection and a Cottle elevator were utilized to elevate an intact mucoperichondrial layer on the left side, leaving a sufficient broad-based caudal cartilaginous strut. The cartilage was incised and contralateral elevation was carried out by _______. The cartilage posterior to this demonstrated the anterior deviation mentioned above, therefore this ...

Please See Note
Sep 25, 2011

Doctor dictates: "In pregnancy, Lamictal causes malformation or s/l "tur-raj-ah-dinicity." Thank you very much for your help! ...

QA Note
Nov 25, 2013

I just got a note from my quality coach (or whatever they are called) for a QA note that I left on a patient that I did.  The quality of sound was poor to the point where I was pulling my hair out.  All I said was poor cell phone reception, poor sound quality.  ...

On A Serious Note
Jan 29, 2015

I, like most of you, am not happy with this mandatory shift change that has messed up my life. I am job hunting. I find very few things, if any, that I am qualified for with my experience with MT work. Basically I need to know if I am missing something in my search and if anyone can guide me towards something in the job market. Retraining is not an option at this point unless it is on the job training. ...

Lymphadenectomy Op Note Help
Oct 23, 2009

The fascia over the latissimus dorsi muscle was incised throughout *s/l its long tuda tenderness*   insertion.  ...

Help On ERCP Note
Nov 11, 2009

I'm typing an ERCP note, and the dictator says something that sounds like - "a two one dashed was used to cannulate the pancreatic duct."  I'm at a loss, I even tried Google.  I hate leaving blanks.   ANyone have any ideas? ...

Med In Hx List: S/l TE-PYA-ZAN. Any Help Pls. See Note For Hx
Nov 24, 2009

Patient has a history of cad, hypertension, and chronic back pain. I'm stumped.  Thnx. ...

Open Note From An MME
Feb 13, 2010

I have come on this site for awhile, mostly because this is a place where everyone gets what you do and can understand what you're going crazy over. Try telling your neighbor the ESLs are getting to you today and you get what I mean. However, since I have become an MME (in October), this has become a not so friendly place. I love doing QA work. I have been in this field for 20 years and feel I can and do help MTs out. When I make a correction, it's to give the MT some feedback, ...

On A Higher Note...
Mar 18, 2010

Have you guys been using the search engine to look up previous reports?  I LOVE IT, have been waiting for it for YEARS!!!  I just did a look up by patient and was able to avoid 2 skip markers...the doc was flying through the medicines and I could NOT get them, looked up a report for the patient, there was only one, but it did list the meds...WOOHOOO....there are some good things in these changes if you look for them!! ...

On A Serious Note - FTR Essay -
Mar 22, 2010

Before you send in an essay with your name on it.  Think long about it.  There are a couple of issues: 1.  Taxes.  Think about how much you will have left after the taxes are taken out.  It won't be 1000 dollars.  2.  There are those of you on here talking about a union.  If any of you are serious about a union -- DO NOT sing praises about ANY MQ POLICIES.  It will come back to haunt you. 3.  Remember exactly what is going on in MQ r ...

A Note I Received
Jul 27, 2010

While on Facebook last night, I mentioned about going back to school to be a vet tech. and one of the things I mentioned was that it was work that would NOT be oursourced to India. Some guy from India sent me a message asking what was wrong with sending work to India. So I told him how it has decimated the careers of American MTs, how American MTs often can't even earn a living wage because they are competing with the low wages paid to Indian MTs. I could have said more to him, but I left i ...

Chemo Note
Aug 28, 2010

How would I write this properly? The patient received a total of 224 x 10 to the eighth nucleated cells or 0.37 x 10 to the eighth with a total CD 3 dose of 16.96 x 10 to the sixth per cubic gram patient weight. ...

OP Note Hydrocelectomy
Sep 01, 2010

The hydrocele sac was then opened its full length.  There were actually 2 distinct sacs.  In the center of them were 2 S/L "extrisences" or 2 papules that came off of the hydrocele sac.   Thank you in advance... ...

Ortho Note
Sep 16, 2010

This lady has knee pain and she has weakness to her tib ________.  It sounds like anth.  Like he's shortening it like tib-fib.  But I can't figure out the tib-anth???   Thanks. ...

Ortho Op Note Help Please (sm)
Oct 29, 2010

ACL repair, he states in one part of the dictation that three Max s/l splay sutures were placed and in another it sounds like Max displayed sutures.  Help please!   TIA ...

Note To All Companies Looking For MTs - Sm
Feb 09, 2011

I took a test for a large national, well-known, jumped through all the hoops - applied, tested, waited for test results, waited some more for phone interview, only to find out that this particular position could not start working until 11 a.m.  This is the sort of information that should be supplied on a website.  This was a deal-breaker for me and had I known this ahead of time, I never would have wasted my time (OR THEIRS) by going through the whole process. There should be a form f ...

ON A MORE POSITIVE NOTE
Apr 22, 2011

. ...

On A Happier Note...
Jul 13, 2011

I had a formal QA evaluation by my QC and scored 99.5%, so feel I dodged a bullet. This is my first official QA since the 99% change.  The things I did wrong didn't seem to carry as much weight as previously.  Just trying to hang on until retirement, but checking out college courses. They have a new major at the local college called Medical Interpretation (Spanish to English).  A whole new wonderful world of opportunity!! ...

Op Note Diva?
Jul 19, 2011

Did anyone see the ad this morning for an op note diva?  Where did it go? ...

HOW DO I DELETE A QA NOTE IN DQS?
Jul 21, 2011

I have been trying to delete a QA note that I initially inserted, but at the last minute I figured out what the mush-mouthed dictator was saying.  I CANNOT take out the marker or note!  Is there a way to do this, or do I have to send it to dreaded QA?  ...

SOAP Note Help
Aug 22, 2011

On SOAP note: S:  History of Present Illness:  Bob is a pleasant.....  or S:  History of present illness:  Bob is a pleasant.... or S:  HISTORY OF PRESENT ILLNESS:  Bob is  a pleasant....   Thanks in advance! ...

Addendum To My First Note
Aug 28, 2011

For added information I was an in patient acute care hospital coder.  ICD-9 was really what I had been doing and that included reviewing the records extensively for maximum reimbursement.  I would like thoughts on myself being able to take a refresher course on line. ...