A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

cervical c-spine x-rays with a s/l "BB" on his sternal notch - kc

Posted: Nov 10, 2011

cervical c-spine x-rays with a s/l "BB" on his sternal notch

Yes if pt shot in chest with bb gun. nm - oldtimer

[ In Reply To ..]

that is correct but not referring to gunshot but rather a marker - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

here is something from the internet, this is on mammogram - but just so you have an understanding

[ In Reply To ..]
BB̢۪s are metallic markers that are used in the United States to mark the nipple or palpable mass for the Radiologist to locate and detect pathology. This shows up as white dots/circles on the mammograms as a reference point.

Thank you, BB's are metallic markers. Very helpful. - kc

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you, BB's are metallic markers. Very helpful.

Thank you! That's what I figured, a marker. - kc

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you! That's what I figured, a marker.

Similar Messages:

X-rays Of Spine
Jun 26, 2011

There is noted to be significant degenerative changes at the L5-S1 level on the pelvic x-ray. Visualization of the more **collateral** lumbar spine is not able to observed on this x-ray.  tia  ...

MRI Cervical Spine Help
Jan 25, 2010

text: The patient is status post diskectomy, _________ interbody fusion, with an anterior fixation plate extending from C4 to C6. sounds like salunite? ...

MRI Of Cervical Spine Help Please
Mar 09, 2010

Multilevel mild disc _____ are present.  There is minimal disc bulging at C4-5.  I cannot give a s/l because he is running it together but the word does end in "cations," if that helps. TIA ...

Cervical Spine X-ray
Sep 06, 2010

Impression:  S/L Flowing anterior marginal osteophytes from C5 to C7; this may reflect underlying diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis. Thank you in advance... ...

MRI Cervical Spine
Sep 30, 2010

Am I hearing this right.... uncofacet spurring.  If so, should it be hyphenated.  Spell checker red lines it.  Thanks in advance... ...

Cervical Spine
Jan 29, 2013

This is used twice in report and I can't find anything that comes close. The sentence is : There are inflammatory changes and s/l flam-on around the C4 to C5 vertebral bodies. Any help is appreciated! ...

Cervical Spine S/l Os Aput
May 13, 2010

tenderness in the paraspinal musculature at the s/l os aput. ...

Cervical Spine Dictation
Nov 11, 2010

Doctor dictates "at C6 C7"  Is this typed C6-7? Or C6, C7?  Thanks ...

S/l DJD Of Cervical Spine With Cervalgia And TMJD.
Apr 30, 2010

is cervalgia a real word?  I can't find it in my dorlands or any trustworthy place.  Thanks!   Abby ...

There Was Spurring All Along The Cervical Spine With The S/l (rippling Accommodation) In The Thecal
Feb 16, 2012

There was spurring all along the cervical spine with the s/l (rippling  accommodation) in the thecal sac that was associated with spurs, disc space narrowing, degeneration and chronic bulging discs. ...

PT To Cervical Spine, Left Shoulder, Both Hands.Treatments:Traction Infrared, Paraffin, *starax, Mat
Mar 22, 2012

nm ...

Is It Plain X-rays Or Plane X-rays?
Nov 04, 2009

x ...

Sternal Repair
Aug 16, 2012

Doc is doing a CABG. He says . . . An oblique fracture of the left manubrial edge was noted such that a s/l rovocheck wire reinforcement of the left sternal edge was carried out. ...

S/l FN Or Possibly SN Notch. Doing Sacral
Feb 12, 2011

InterStim placement for overactive bladder.  Hope someone can help.  Cannot find this on Google. ...

Keystrokes Top Notch Company
Oct 17, 2014

I have worked with Keystrokes for almost a year and I want to say that they are a top notch company.  The leads are wonderful to work with.  The work is there and if ever I need help with anything someone is always there to help.  IT department are great at their jobs.  I love my job!!! ...

Who Does UCLA Use? Top-notch Docs And Facility
Jan 01, 2015

A lot of these doctors were on the Michael Jackson trial and what company do they use?  Do they not set the pace and only use the best?  So then who is the best and what do they pay?  Inquiring mind would like to know, or wonder if that is a secret too. ...

Osteoarthritis X-rays...
Aug 10, 2010

I'm having trouble with this x-ray description of the leg.  "8 mm round calcific, (s/l rawcific) density adjacent to the posterior aspect of the tibia - (s/l free joint or rejoint) body or synovial osteochondromatosis."  And later when she is describing the knee pain, is sounds like she is saying "acific" calcification behind the right knee with OA. Any help is so appreciated!! ...

X-rays Series
Mar 17, 2011

Looking for correct spelling for Silverman series.. done for possible child abuse cases.. Just something nagging at me that this is not the correct spelling? ...

X-rays Of Elbow
Mar 13, 2014

Patient had elbow arthroplasty.   X-rays reviewed that show well positioned total elbow arthroplasty with s/l  **cement _________________** ossification of soft tissues"   Thanks for any help  ...

Cervical Os
Mar 20, 2012

s/l the os is "propatent" ...

Is Extending X-rays Correct Here?
Nov 27, 2009

I did get s/l extending  x-rays of her knees which were essentially normal. ...

Computers Reading X-rays Now?
Apr 02, 2010

I have a friend who lead MT at a radiology group and she tells me that they are using software that reads parts of an x-ray. It can detect where the calcifications are. I wonder if the radiologists are thinking they may out of a job just like us someday. ...

Portable Chest X-rays
Feb 08, 2011

For those MTs who are radiology MTs, when you transcribe portable chest x-rays, does your hospital or MTSO require you to include not only the date of the portable chest x-ray but also the time?  ...

X-rays Of Pelvis And Femur
Apr 15, 2012

There is no evidence of loosening of the hardware although on one AP, there does appear to be increased lucency about the fracture site, which could be attributed to s/l moth effect.  ...

Need Help With Cervical Adenopathy
Mar 02, 2010

It sounds like the doctor is saying "but found to have increased serated myo??? cervical adenopathy." Does anyone know what this might be? ...

Lumbar X-rays - Does This Make Sense Here?
Oct 17, 2009

The lateral view showed similar findings, both anterior and posteriorly, superior and inferiorly, of the lumbar vertebrae and more significantly **autofusion** was noted at the L4-L5 level.  ...

Is There Such A Thing As A Hawkin's View For X-rays?
Mar 02, 2010

PA says "there is an infraclavicular spur on a 20 degree Hawikin's view.  (can't find my script on this format for degree sign). Usually I hear Rockwood view.     Thanks! ...

X-rays Of Hip - All Components Are Well Seeded (or Seated)?
Aug 16, 2011

x ...

Suboxone Cervical Dilatation
Oct 20, 2009

has anyone heard of this 'Suboxone' Suboxone cervical dilatation 7 cm; however, due to the fetal bradycardia without any recovery, it was decided to perform stat cesarean section. also i tried to do a search and it's not bringing up where i can put the word on word help??  has something changed? tks ...

Cervical And Lumbar Spines
Oct 31, 2009

Problem List Degenerative arthritis of the cervical and lumbar spines. It sounds like he is saying spines (pl). Is it spines or spine??   ...