A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

angiography vs arteriography - michele

Posted: Mar 25, 2011

Are the words angiography and arteriography always interchangeable?  Transcribing for ESL and impossible to clearly determine which he says.  I think he uses both.

An arteriography is of the aortic vessels, an - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
angiography can be of any vessel.

incorrect - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Angiography and arteriography are interchangeable and can be done on any vessel or artery.

Arteriography is not performed only of the aortic vessels. Perhaps you were thinking of aortography, which is specific to the aorta.

Similar Messages:

Angiography
Nov 09, 2010

Patient undergoing left lower extremity angiography with s/l invintum.  Any ideas?  Thanks. ...

First, Second, Third-order... Angiography
May 02, 2011

Can anybody enlighten me on what is meant by the first-order.... angiography?  I've been trying to google it and it doesn't really explain. ...

S/l Googer Guidewire In Angiography
Feb 16, 2010

sentence--The 3DRC right coronary artery guide was utilized and a _____ guidewire advanced beyond the observed lesion.  ...

Coronary Angiography/heart Catheterization..sm
Jul 18, 2010

A "two-five-twelve" Voyager balloon was then advanced into the occluded area and inflated to 10 atmospheres for 20 seconds. How do I write the numbers dictated?  2.5 x 12?  ...

Angiography Entry Site Sealed With
May 04, 2011

the angiography entry site was sealed with s/l "Mint" device?? ...

Coping (??) Wire Used In Diagnostic Angiography
Jun 02, 2014

Anyone heard of "coping wire" that is used in a diagnostic angiography?  Thanks. ...

A 0.014 "Sparticle" Coronary Angiography Wire?
May 25, 2010

NM ...