A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Roux-En-Y revision - kart29

Posted: Feb 17, 2011

s/l "The Bovie was inked, and a side-to-side jejunojejunostomy was carried out."  I have never heard the Bovie was inked?

Possibly inked in order to leave a trace of location. - FYI - "en" is not capitalized. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

can you document one link to "ink" Bovie? - ICManiac

[ In Reply To ..]
I have never heard of Bovie inking, but that doesn't mean it is not the case. BUT, when I do a search I cannot find anything to back it up. It doesn't mean it isn't legitmate, but I would like to see some documentation to support it. Generally an RYX anastomisis is, by itself, enough of a landmark.

Can you help? (and en is indeed not capitalized)

Similar Messages:

S/l Craft Revision Thrombectomy
Nov 18, 2009

He underwent s/l craft revision thrombectomy and fistulogram. ...

Bridge Found During Circumcision Revision
Aug 01, 2011

Name of bridge found during circumcision. Sounds like Jamey Miller bridge. Has anyone heard of this? ...

Knee Revision Prosthesis Type + Other ?
Dec 15, 2011

Patient had a total knee arthroplasty.  She has valgus alignment and limb length discrepancy.  Doctor is recommending revision.  He dictates: Our recommendation would be to likely pursue surgical management of the left total knee arthroplasty and revise this from a total knee arthroplasty into a ---------- prosthesis.  She is amenable to this plan especially since she has a valgus malalignment along with a limb length discrepancy of approximately 3 cm. I hear "bad-ock" or ...

IPG Exchange With Revision Of SubQ Pocket
Sep 13, 2013

The doc used *crystal blade* as a fluid during surgery.  I have no idea. ...

"E-wall" Dictated In Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
Jul 19, 2012

He says it was placed "p.o."   No luck googling it.  Has anyone heard of this?  TYIA. ...

The Patient Is Status Post Revision Knee Surgery. Her Gait Shows A Slightly Shortened (s/l Shy) Dis
Sep 29, 2010

TIA ...