A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Really? A *flatulent* meniscus? - huh?

Posted: Sep 02, 2013

My doc is dictating about a meniscal repair with grade 3 chondrosis.  He states one of the postop diag is *Flatulent meniscus or degenerative-type meniscus*.  I have a hard time believing flatulent could pertain to the kneecap, and I can't find flatuant to verify.  

Perhaps fluctuant? - Oldie

[ In Reply To ..]
Or some form of.

I hate it when my kneecap gets flatulent - SAM

[ In Reply To ..]
So embarrassing...

J/K, but couldn't resist (looking for some humor in working a holiday, lol!).

no wonder I'm pooped! - : )

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Lateral Meniscus Had S/l Fishering
Jan 07, 2010

Rotator cuff repair.  The lateral meniscus had s/l fishering horizontally. ...

Pt With Medial Meniscus Tear.
Jun 07, 2011

Patient likes to wear flip flops, however, I recommended that she go to a s/l Vinza shoe and has a 1/4" lateral shoe wedge placed on the outside under the outer sole.  TIA NM ...

Test For Medial Meniscus Tear
Feb 25, 2011

Laundry list of tests including s/l Kessler/Tesler/Pesler test. Any ideas?   ...

Fast-Fix S/L Pledgit - In Gap Between MCL And Medial Meniscus Sm
Sep 10, 2013

Ultrasound done today shows a fast-fix PLEDGET in the gap between the MCL and the medial meniscus.   THANKS SO MUCH!! ...

Triac Tear Of Medial Meniscus?
Oct 30, 2014

My ortho doc says "I do believe he has had a new (sounds like triac) tear of his medial meniscus".  I cannot find in doing a search triad tear.  Don't know if he is meadning trimalleolar tear either? ...

Surgical Note For A Medial Meniscus Tear
Oct 26, 2009

This is a surgical note for a medial meniscus tear.  The doctor is very fast, very soft, and has a slight southern twang.  Any suggested would be greated appreciated.  Thanks! Examination of the medial joint line showed _____ bone over a wide are of both the femur and tibia.     Sounds like he is saying   ee-bo-nate-id. ...

MRI Shows A Medial Meniscus Tear Of The Right Knee With A
Sep 27, 2010

x ...

Positive S/l FALACY Test For Knee - Meniscus Tear?? Maybe Hearing TH?
Apr 26, 2012

TIA! ...